Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> College application essay art school

College application essay art school

Mar/Wed/2018 | Uncategorized

My admissions essay to art school - Concept Art org

College application essay art school

Buy Essay Online -
Here s The College Essay That Got A High School Senior Into Every

For Boston University applicants: A little essay advice. You only college have two essays to write, one short and writing one long, on college application art school the Boston University application.#0160; In fact, the short essay is only 5-6 sentences (which really qualifies more as a paragraph than it does a short essay).#0160; It#39;s important to shylock the merchant of venice essay, make the college application essay art school, most of that limited opportunity to help the BU admissions committee get to know you better.#0160; So here are some tips to help you do that. In five or six sentences, tell us how you first became interested in BU and capital what steps you have taken to learn more about us. College Application Art School? I#39;m not sure I can adequately describe just how many responses the BU admissions committee is likely to read that are some version of, I first became interested in essay about love Boston University when I read about it in a college guidebook.#0160; The combination of great academics in large city seemed like the perfect combination for me.#0160; The more I researched the school, the college application art school, more I liked it.#0160; I also visited the campus last summer. Business Sba? At Collegewise, we teach our students a concept we call Own your story.#0160; To own your story means that you#39;ve written something that nobody else applying to college could have written (or at application art school the very least, that thousands of writing, other kids would absolutely not have written). College? The person who wrote the response above doesn#39;t own that story.#0160; Any kid applying to Boston University could have written it.#0160; Believe me, a lot of them will.#0160; And they#39;ll torture the admissions committee because of it.#0160; But compare that response to this one:

In April of my junior year, my high school counselor told me, Kevin, you#39;re an interesting kid.#0160; Why are you applying to such uninteresting colleges?#0160; I asked her what she thought would be a good choice for me, and the first school she named was Boston University.#0160; I#39;ve visited your website obsessively, probably once a day at undergraduate least for college essay art school, the last six months.#0160; I#39;ve read about all the classes I would take as a communications major.#0160; And last summer, I took a three-hour road trip with my friend in my #39;93 Corolla just so we could take a tour of BU.#0160; The chances that another student will write an identical response are zero.#0160; This student owns his story.#0160; So the most important thing you need to writing dialogue presentation, do in this response, even though it#39;s only 5-6 sentences long, is to own your story.#0160; Be very specific.#0160; Whether you read a guidebook or talked to college essay art school, your friends or visited the essays punishment, school or went to a college fair, share the application art school, details about how you learned and followed up with BU, and do so in a way that no other applicant will be able to do.#0160; What about the long essay? Here#39;s the prompt: This section of the business, application gives you an opportunity to present yourself in a way that grades and test scores cannot. The Board of college application essay, Admissions uses your essay to determine your ability to organize thoughts and express yourself clearly. Accordingly, we ask that you prepare this work entirely on your own. In an essay of no more than 500 words, please select three words that describe you best and tell us how you will use these qualities/characteristics to essay, contribute fully to college essay, the BU community. A lot of students are going to pick three words that make them sound impressive, like diligent, determined and trustworthy and then struggle to fill the rest of the essay with descriptions of how they#39;ll use these traits in college.#0160; That#39;s hard to research methods with science study, do, because they didn#39;t pick words that actually described themselves; they just picked words that sounded good.#0160; So they don#39;t necessarily have any stories to relate that show these traits in action (or if they do, it#39;s what the admissions committee knows already, like, I am very committed to my academics). There are no right or wrong answers to college application, this question.#0160; The three words are just a vehicle for you to share more about undergraduate medical essay yourself and help the admissions committee get to know you better.#0160; The best way to tackle this question is to essay, work backwards.#0160; Don#39;t even think about the three words just yet.#0160; Instead, think about how you will contribute to the BU community. Contributing to about teenage love, a college community means participating, engaging, doing more than just going to application essay art school, class and then sitting in your room playing video games.#0160; So think about business what kind of college kid you expect yourself to application art school, be.#0160; How do you envision yourself spending your time in and out of class?#0160; What parts of college are you most excited about?#0160; When you ask yourself those questions, you#39;ll start to get a picture of shylock the merchant of venice, yourself in college.#0160; For example, you might envision, I#39;m excited to finally start learning more about writing.#0160; I#39;ve been saying forever that I like to write, but in college I#39;m going to actually have professors teach me how to be great at it.#0160; I can#39;t wait for that to happen. Or#8230; My favorite times in high school have been Friday nights playing acoustic guitar with my friends.#0160; I really hope I get to art school, do that a lot in college.#0160; I#39;m going to set a goal for myself to find other musicians whose idea of a good time is to stay up late, teach each other songs, and enjoy making music together. Or#8230; I can#39;t remember the last time I wasn#39;t on an athletic team.#0160; And while I#39;m never going to be a good enough baseball player to play at the college level, one of the things I#39;m really excited about psychological science guide is to play a lot of different sports and to college essay art school, have some of them just be purely for essay teenage love, fun, like pick-up basketball games, or co-ed intramural volleyball, or even just a weekend softball game with my friends.#0160; I might even try broom ball.#0160; I like the camaraderie of playing sports with friends and college I think that#39;s how I#39;ll be spending a lot of essay, my time in college.#0160; Contributing in application college means becoming an engaged member of the campus community.#0160; So, that#39;s step one.#0160; Think about how you#39;ll make those contributions.

Now, take the next step backwards and think about your experiences in these areas so far.#0160; What stories do you have that illustrate yourself doing these things, or exemplifying these traits?#0160; Be specific and own the stories.#0160; Review your answers and ask yourself which ones really make up who you are.#0160; The writer, musician and athlete above make it pretty clear that they#39;re going to find some way to do these things wherever they are, and business sba that they spent a lot of time doing these things in high school.#0160; Those stories are part of who they are, and application essay art school they are the types of examples you should be looking for essay prizes, in your own life. This is college essay, important, because the being against, prompt specifically asks for three words that best describe you.#0160; It#39;s not always clear what words best describe you, but if you sometimes like to essay, write, or just occasionally strum a guitar, or play basketball with your brother every now and essay teenage then , those aren#39;t necessarily experiences that are defining for you, and college application the associated words probably aren#39;t good choices. Love? #0160; Now, you#39;ve identified how you#39;ll contribute, and you#39;ve found some stories from college essay art school your current life that illustrate those themes.#0160; So now, ask yourself what three words you could use to research methods science study, sum these experiences or traits up.#0160; For example, our sample applicants above could be communicative, musical and athletic. Do an honesty check when you pick the words.#0160; If musical isn#39;t really a word you would use to application essay, define yourself, is this experience or trait really an important part of who you are?#0160; If it isn#39;t, pick a different story.#0160; And if it is, just pick a different word. Undergraduate? #0160; The best college essays start with a lot of art school, thought, not so much about essay about teenage love what would sound good, but rather, about what you#39;d really like to say. Start there with these essays, and you#39;ll be submitting a much stronger application to BU. Note:#0160; Before you follow our tips, we recommend you read our How to guide here: Download HowToUse30Guides. And if you have other questions about essays, applications, interviews or financial aid, visit our online store.#0160; We’ve got books, videos and downloadable guides to help you.#0160; Or you could speak with one of our online college counselors. thanks so much for this. i really needed it. i had no idea to start and now im on my way to finishing it. again, thank you.

This page helped me get into BU #128578; Nice job! Very, very nicely done! Thanks for college, the help. This was very useful. We help students find and get accepted to the colleges that are right for them. If the shylock of venice, U Fits: Expert Advice on Finding the Right College and Getting Accepted. Essay Art School? Story Finders: How Counselors and Teachers Can Help Students Write Better College Essays (Without Helping Too Much) Kevin McMullin is the founder and president of plan sba, Collegewise and the author of If the college application art school, U Fits: Expert Advice on against capital punishment Finding the Right College and Getting Accepted.

This is his blog. Application Essay? He also speaks at high schools and essays capital conferences to spread the word about saner, smarter college planning. To receive these posts by email, enter your email address below.

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 -
My Passion for Art | Pratt Institute Undergraduate Application Essay

Part 8 - Examples of art school Good and Bad Writing. Learning to write often works best by example. Critically Psychological. The following are excerpts from nine first-year student essays. Most of the examples are bad, although I did find a two good examples in the bunch. In most cases, the names and dates from the essays have been changed to not compromise the subject matter for future students (in other words, don't use any of the apparent research information here in your papers). I have tried to categorize the errors as best as I could.

Errors or bad portions are usually bolded to help you identify them. Smith was a religious, Christian man. His notion of monads included contextual references to God. He believed that God controls the harmony of life through these monads. The essay then goes on to discuss these monads in a Christian context. Had the application, student omitted the above sentences, however, the discussion of love religion would have been completely out of place, given the essay's topic.

But since the person being discussed had religious views that affected his theories and work, it is relevant to mention the religious aspect. Had Smith's religion not been a direct influence on his work, it would have been irrelevant. Similarly, you wouldn't mention other things about someone in an essay if it wasn't relevant to the topic. Essay Art School. For example, it is research thinking critically with psychological science study, irrelevant to mention a scientist's race in an essay about their discovery unless the race impacted the discovery. An example of this might be if a black scientist's prime motivation to find a cure for sickle cell anemia was because that disease strikes black people in proportionally higher numbers. If the same scientist was researching some aspect of physics, it would probably not be relevant to mention the race at application essay art school all. An introductory paragraph: On March 4, 1849, John Smith was born to Anna Bradcock Smith and James Smith. Although certainly not of humble origins, John was acquainted with several prominent and influential men of politics with whom he discussed matters of mathematics, history, science, logic, law, and theology.

Smith was brilliant in each of these fields, but he became known particularly for his contributions in the fields of philosophy, mathematics, and logistics. This paper will not only shed light on essays being capital punishment, some of college essay art school Smith's theories and words regarding these three areas, but will also tell of the events in his life that made him the man that he was. This is the introduction to a chronologically-ordered essay about Smith's life and discoveries. Research Methods Thinking Psychological Study. As such, the choice to begin with his date of birth is a good one. The paragraph summarizes the fields touched by Smith and also mentions the key areas he studied.

The paper sets up an expectation for the reader of both a detailed explanation of Smith's discoveries and anecdotes describing his personality. Essay. The sentence structure is grammatically sound and flows well. In the late 1650's , Smith's mother returned to London , she then pulled him out of school with the intent to make him a farmer . Apostrophes indicate possessiveness or contractions, not plurality. The decade is the 1650s. Undergraduate Essay. The sentence is a run-on. It should either end after London, beginning a new sentence with She then, or the she then should be changed to and. To make someone a farmer is to create a farmer for them. The student meant: to application essay art school, turn him into a farmer or to encourage him to thinking critically with science guide, be a farmer. Smith invented the widgetiscope and paved the way for college essay art school, future widget watching. All-the-while remaining a simple and humble man who considered himself to be part of a team working for the greater good.

The bolded part is not a complete sentence. Writing Dialogue Presentation. The entire thing should be one sentence. College Application Essay. All-the-while does not require hyphenation. The two differing approaches of development already described, eventually led to the development of the two original branches of widgetry; fingleish and fnordleish. This sentence is writing presentation, mispunctuated. The comma is application, confusing and should be removed, and the semicolon should be a colon. Another of shylock the merchant of venice essay Smith's ideas was the method of differentiation. The university re-opened after the plague in 1667. Smith was elected to a minor fellowship, and awarded a major fellowship after he received his Master's Degree (Bogus 4). After the realization that Calculus was important, and was being recognized, a document to record all of the theories became a necessity.

The Methodis Differantium, the document that contained the elements of the theory of college art school differentiation, was created in 1667. Smith believed he was being pulled in two directions when it came to publishing his theories and making his work known. He felt a need for writing dialogue presentation, fame and college application essay fortune, yet on the other hand he had an abundant fear of rejection. To the dismay of many future mathematicians, it was never published because of undergraduate medical Smith's fear of criticism. Since he was not focusing on publishing his work, Smith pursued his career as a professor.

This so-called paragraph is an college application essay, utter mess. There are far too many ideas in it, all of which are strung together haphazardly without any logical flow. I'll try to business plan sba, dissect and rewrite it, but I won't make errors bold because the entire paragraph would be bold if I did. First, let's pick out the different topics being addressed: the method of differentiation the college art school, university re-opening after the plague Smith's ascension through the dialogue, university ranks the need of a document detailing differentiation, which was eventually created Smith's mental state, desires and fears. Now, if we replace each sentence with the number of the corresponding idea, we can see what a jumbled mess this is: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3. Don't introduce a paragraph with one topic and then leap to another topic in the next sentence. While it may sometimes be necessary to mention something as an aside to complement the topic, the essay, return to dialogue presentation, the topic should be swift and easy to understand. Don't bounce around within the paragraph as this student has done. Another problem: there doesn't seem to be a coherent timeline within the paragraph.

Did the application art school, university re-open in 1667, or was the plague in 1667? Is the student saying that Smith was elected to a minor fellowship that year or another year? Similarly, when did the major fellowship and Master's Degree come in? It's unlikely to have all happened in one year, though it is possible. The document was created in 1667, it seems, but when did Smith decide not to with study, publish and college application art school seek work as a professor instead? Also 1667? It sounds like that was a very busy year for poor Smith! The sentences themselves are also awkwardly constructed, making the entire thing hard to understand. I'll make some assumptions regarding the confusing date information. Here is how this information should have been presented:

Smith's ideas on the method of differentiation were gaining recognition in the mathematical community, which made it necessary for him to produce a document detailing all of his theories on the subject. Thus, when the university re-opened in 1667 following the writing presentation, plague and college application art school Smith was elected to a minor fellowship, he wrote Methodis Differantium. Although Smith wished to attain fame and fortune, he also feared rejection. This dichotomy resulted in essay, his failure to publish Methodis Differantium; a failure that would be mourned by college essay art school mathematicians well into the future. Still, Smith was awarded a major fellowship after receiving his Master's Degree in [insert year]. Since he was not interested in publishing his work, he concentrated instead on pursuing a position as a professor. Queen Esmerelda knighted Jones in 1705 to be given the title of Sir Joe Smith, which made him the first scientist to be so honored for his work (Bogus) . The phrase to be given is awkward here.

It would be better written: Queen Esmerelda knighted Jones in 1705, which gave him the title of Sir. Who else could be honoured for Smith's work other than Smith? It should say: . which made him the first man to shylock the merchant of venice essay, be honored for scientific work. There probably should be a page number listed in the citation. Jones had a main idea of analytic geometry. What does this mean? Does the student mean that one of Jones' main ideas concerned analytic geometry? Does he mean that one of the main ideas of analytic geometry was conceived by Jones? Or does he mean something else entirely?

This makes little sense and is very awkward. Whether Smith made no use of the manuscript from which he had copied abstracts , or whether he had previously invented the widgetiscope, are questions on college application essay art school, which at this distance of being punishment time no direct evidence is available . If Smith made no use of the manuscript, he can't have used it to copy abstracts. This is college application essay art school, a very awkward way of saying that the essay, events in question happened so long ago that there is no longer sufficient evidence to answer certain questions. It would be better written: Questions as to whether Smith made further use of the manuscript from application, which he copied abstracts or whether he had previously invented the methods thinking critically psychological science, widgetiscope are rooted so far in the past that it is impossible to college, gather sufficient direct evidence to provide answers. This is still a bit awkward. It's best when broken up into smaller sentences: There are still questions as to about teenage love, whether Smith made further use of the manuscript from college essay, which he copied abstracts or whether he had previously invented the widgetiscope. Such questions are rooted so far in the past, however, that it is impossible to gather sufficient direct evidence to provide answers.

Smith formed a political plan to try to punishment, persuade the Germans to attack the French due to college application essay, him not agreeing with their political agendas and this proved the means of his visiting Hamburg. Due to writing presentation, him not agreeing with is a very awkward way of saying: because he disagreed with. The second bolded part should be a separate sentence. Proved the means of his visiting is college application essay art school, a very awkward way of saying is why he visited. Jones explained ideas too enormous to understand, and simplified problems too complex to medical prizes, approach. Not only is this hyperbole, it's also logically impossible. If the ideas were too complicated to understand, Jones couldn't have understood them himself. If the problems were too complex to approach, Jones could not have approached them. Mismatched Words, Phrases, and Pronouns.

After marrying Elizabeth, Smith's father fell ill for several months. After no sign of recovery, a lawyer was summoned to application essay art school, the manor. A will was drawn up, including one hundred acres of critically psychological study land, the manor house, livestock, grain, and Smith Senior's death (Bogus 10). His mother gave birth to Smith three months after Smith senior died. He was premature after suffering from art school, illness due to the shock of her husband's passing during the fall . The phrase after no sign of recovery is not properly attached to Smith's father. Undergraduate Essay. Instead, it is saying that the lawyer did not recover from something. A will does not include land, a house, etc. Application Essay. It states to whom such things are bequeathed. Research Thinking Critically With Study Guide. This should say: A will was drawn up leaving one hundred acres of land, the manor house, livestock and grain to [whomever]. I don't even understand how and Smith Senior's death fits into this sentence.

His in art school, the sentence His mother gave birth. refers to the antecedent Smith Senior. Teenage. Thus, Smith Senior's mother gave birth to Smith Senior's son. College Essay. That would necessitate incest, and is clearly not what the student meant to say. Research Thinking Critically Psychological Science. They should have simply said Elizabeth gave birth. Who else but someone's mother gives birth to them anyway?

Given the confusions regarding the various Smiths, it would have been better if the student had used first names during this part of the essay. There is inconsistency in capitalization. It is Smith Senior once, and Smith senior another time. The he in he was premature again refers to the wrong antecedent. Smith Senior was not premature. Smith did not suffer illness due to the shock of Smith Senior's passing. Elizabeth did. This sentence says that Smith suffered the illness. The student suddenly introduces the phrase during the fall when no other mention of the college application essay art school, season has been made. This could be confused with Smith Senior dying from essays against punishment, a fall. Lastly, the inverse relationship between area and application the tangent were never attained.

The relationship is singular, even though it refers to multiple elements. Thinking With. Thus, the verb were should be singular as well, and application changed to was. It was this century where many of the worlds most honorable and highly respected mathematicians created what we know today as calculus. A century is essay, not a place, it is a section of time. Say it is a place where. or a time when. In this case, It was this century when. Adding an 's' without an apostrophe in this case is college application, pluralization, not indicative of possession. The student means world's. But perhaps the largest obstacle , which the Greeks could not overcome, were their insufficient number and measuring system . Were is plural, but obstacle and system are singular. It should be was.

Tragically at against punishment the age of six, Smith's father died. This says that Smith's father died at the age of six. The student means: Tragically, when Smith was six years old his father died. Jones, now familiar with Smith's discoveries, wrote Smith a letter soon after the publication of his discoveries. After the publication of whose discoveries: Jones' or Smith's? Jones reasoned that if he could calculate the angles of the projected colour, a new law of refraction could be made . People can make legal laws, but natural or scientific laws are discovered. To make a new law of refraction, Jones would have to alter physics. During the application essay art school, seventeenth century, the inhabitants of England did not realize the importance of essay teenage scientific advancement.

Inhabitants could well mean non-human creatures, and is thus a poor choice of college essay a word. Are we to understand that ALL of the against capital, people in England failed to realize the importance of scientific advancement for an entire century? It would have been better if the student had said most people in England. At the current time, the dominant belief was that light traveled in college application essay, wave . The current time is the moment the reader is reading the research thinking with science study guide, sentence. The student meant to say that the belief was such during the historical time period being discussed. Current should be omitted. The phrase in application essay, wave has an error. It should either be in waves or in a wave. Both may be correct, but such an error can be misunderstood if one is incorrect. This would likely have been caught if the student had read the paper out loud. Secondly, Jones' reliance on geometric algebra rather than symbolic notation created considerable impedance to the identification of solutions of computational features found frequently to plan, different problems.

Here is an example of essay art school a student not knowing the proper meaning of methods critically science a word. Impedance means opposition to essay, the flow of electric current. It does not mean the same as to undergraduate medical prizes, impede, which is to be an obstacle. This could be an instance where a student used the thesaurus in a word processor to come up with a word without bothering to check if the word fit the context. It could also simply be that the student had mislearned the word themselves. Incidentally, a quick check of MS Word 97 shows synonyms to impedance to college, be obstruction, block, baffle, hindrance, breakwater, fin, and maze. So here is direct proof that you shouldn't always trust what a word processor thesaurus tells you is an equivalent word. Be diligent and look up unfamiliar words in business plan, the dictionary before using them in your essay.

In studying widgetry, it serves as great importance that one is college essay art school, aware of the two systems of widgetry; fingleish and fnordleish. Something does not serve as great importance, and business sba one being aware doesn't fit either. This is a student trying to sound fancy but instead making no sense. College Essay Art School. The sentence should read: In studying widgetry, one should be aware of the two systems of widgetry; fingleish and fnordleish. It was thought that Jones hated his stepfather and his mother, partly for abandoning him at such a young age. Who thought so?

This entire statement, which implies something that cannot be proven and is thus not a basic fact, had no attribution in the essay. Since it was about someone historical and business the student couldn't possibly have known this unless they got it from a source, it was plagiarism to include it without attribution. Smith managed one friendship through this time and the value of that is always questioned. Who is questioning the value? There is no attribution to college application, explain who questions it or to prove that it is questioned by anyone other than the student. What precisely is being questioned?

The value of only having one friend, or the value of the one friendship to Smith in particular? . Essays Against Punishment. which means that the cut in the # of points is equal to application, the degree of the curve. Using the # symbol instead of the word number is a bad short cut, and certainly inappropriate for a formal essay. Smith also helped to essays against capital punishment, improve the scientific community ; his focus was mainly regarding widgetry. How does a focus on a subject help to improve a community? It might improve the essay art school, understanding of the subject in the community, but does that improve the community itself?

This is a badly worded assertion. If it truly did benefit the presentation, scientific community as a whole, the college art school, student should cite a source demonstrating that to being, be the case. No attribution was present. In one day, John's attitude towards school changed for college, the better. A boy ranked just above him kicked him in the stomach. Of Venice. At the end of the day John challenged the boy to application essay art school, a fight. Even though John was much smaller than his opponent, his determination overtook the about, boy. Winning the fight was still not enough.

John applied himself in class, and soon became the top student in the school. This entire paragraph introduces an anecdote for the purpose of explaining what drove John to become a better student. Essay Art School. Incredibly, it manages to completely fail to mention the relationship between the anecdote and John's new-found classroom enthusiasm. About Teenage Love. The relationship is implied and the reader can guess that John wished to beat the college art school, boy in business, more than just a physical fight, and thus worked hard to outrank the art school, boy in dialogue, the classroom, but that is college art school, not stated. The paragraph is very choppy and the sentences do not flow well. Read it out loud, and you'll hear how it sounds like a grade school book instead of research a university essay. During this time, Smith constructed a water clock. He constructed the clock out of an old box.

This is choppy. College Application Essay. It could be easily combined into one sentence. Jones became began to study motion. This error was probably due to a sentence that once legitimately contained the word became being edited without became being removed. Essay Teenage. If the student had read the essay out loud or given it to a friend to read, this error likely would have been noticed. Yet, in 1679, Jones would discover that his initial calculation the Moon's distance from Earth was incorrect. Here is application essay, another example of a simple error of of venice omission that could have been caught if the student had read the application essay, essay aloud or given it to a friend to business plan, read. The word of should be between calculation and the. That one small error makes the college application, entire sentence awkward and confusing. If the instructor has to reread the shylock the merchant, sentence to try to understand its meaning, the flow of the essay is application essay art school, interrupted. If this happens often enough in the essay, it gives an overall bad impression on what otherwise might be a very good paper in terms of research.

More examples of errors that could have been caught if the students had bothered to capital, read their essay: One of Smith's main contribution was his use of. Widgetry emphasized the college, notion of the infinite widget, which in of venice essay, fact cam as a great service to college application essay art school, Smith in that it served as an medical essay, important too in helping explain his branch of widgetry. Jones might have in fact perputuated the ideas, but he was also at a loss when he could not make good sense of them from the beginning. Admiration for Smith grew in essay, the filed of widgetry.

With Jones' encouragement, Smith drafter a number of monographs on religious topics. Smith considers out universe to be a gravitational system. On August 10, 1777, Jones was ent a letter from. In later research , it was proven that Jones was incorrect and science rejected his theories about light until the next century. Thus, it was scientifically proven that Jones' theories about quanta (tiny particulate packets of energy) were indeed correct . The wave formulation was also correct . When was this later research?

Who performed the research? In discussing whether someone was proven incorrect or not, it is a good idea to fully explain who did the proving when, and possibly even how they came to their conclusion. These sentences contradict each other. Writing. Was Jones proven incorrect or correct? Does the student mean that Jones was erroneously proven incorrect, but science later found that he was correct after all? Or was Jones correct about some things and not others? The use of Thus implies causality.

How does the proof that Jones is college application, incorrect and the rejection by science suddenly become scientific proof of his theory being correct? Regardless of what the student meant by the flip from essay teenage love, incorrect to essay art school, correct, there is nothing given to establish causality. It's disappointing to see such sloppiness as this in an essay. This particular essay featured clipart, so it was obviously done on methods with psychological study, a computer with a modern word processor. It clearly wasn't spell-checked. Such complete disregard is automatically indicative of a student who doesn't care about their final product, and while the error itself is minor, it gives a bad impression to application essay, the grader. In fact, this essay had several spelling errors that could have been caught. That's inexcusable at the university level. It was also during this time that he traveled to his uncle's place in Brunswick. Place is colloquial. Use home, apartment, residence or other such appropriate word instead.

Smith attempted to obtain his doctorate of law degree at the University of Anytown but was denied because positions were being held for the older students -- and Smith was much too young. Smith's secretary claims that he was told many times, however, that Smith was denied admission because of negative feelings that the Dean's wife held for him. Smith's secretary is probably dead, since this essay is about someone from the medical essay prizes, 19th century. Therefore, they no longer claim anything. Application Essay. It should be past tense. Since the student doesn't cite this, there is an implication that perhaps the secretary is not dead and the student went so far as to interview the dialogue presentation, secretary personally. That is, of course, quite unlikely, meaning that this student has plagiarised this information from one of their sources. The following are a few concepts that form the basis of Leibnizian calculus: [followed by application essay art school three bulleted paragraphs comprised mostly of essay about teenage love direct quotation] Using bullets in a formal essay is rarely appropriate. Art School. It is preferable to shylock the merchant of venice essay, write out the bulleted information into proper paragraph form. This student seems to college, have been too lazy to medical prizes, bother paraphrasing a bunch of direct quotations into a formal essay structure.

Along came the Joe Smith, a mathematician considered by college application essay art school numerous scholars to be a pioneer of calculus, including other renowned mathematician, Bill Jones. The Joe Smith? There has only been one? The student means another, not other. Sloppy. The first page of the essay starts with: have been developed (5). The second page starts with the header Introduction and shylock essay the opening paragraph. Clearly, the student stapled the pages out of order.

What a sloppy mistake! Pages should be numbered unless you're specifically instructed not to for some reason, and you should always ensure that all of the pages are present and in proper order before binding the essay. If the application essay art school, instructor has to begin by figuring out what the heck is going on, they will automatically have a bad impression of your essay and possibly of you. Jones was quite a busy man in methods critically with psychological study, that along with his position in the Court of Mainz, he also managed to serve as Baron Johann Christian von Boineburg as secretary, librarian, lawyer, advisor, assistant, and college application most importantly, friend. Quite a busy man is a bit colloquial.

A busy man would do. The first as is an error, since Jones did not serve as the Baron, he served the Baron. This may have been caught if the student had read their essay out loud. His Chummy, Bill Jones, who Smith shared a room with until his resignation from this fellowship in 1683. Chummy should only be included if it was Smith's actual word for Jones.

If this is the case, it is a quotation from a source and should be cited. If not, it is punishment, colloquial and should just say His friend Bill Jones. Who should be whom in college essay art school, this case. A site called Grammar and Style has information on how to use who and essays being punishment whom. This isn't even a complete sentence. Smith was born prematurely and was so small when he was born that they thought he might not live. Repeating that he was born is redundant. Who does they refer to? Doctors? Parents?

Relatives? Townsfolk? It is a pronoun without an antecedent. In this publication, Jones has a discourse between the belief systems of the natural philosophical world around him. Has is the wrong word here because the essay is about a person who is now dead. Application Art School. Dead people don't have discourse with anyone in the present, so the word should at least be had. But even had is awkward, and a better word would be wrote. Discourse means to converse, especially orally. One does not speak orally in a publication. It is written. The Merchant Of Venice. This word should be omitted.

Between denotes at least two participants, but Jones is the college essay art school, only one having the supposed discourse. This too should be omitted. Essays Being Against Capital Punishment. Natural philosophical world is art school, confusing. Does the student mean the natural, philosophical world, which would be the world described as both natural and philosophical? Or do they mean natural philosophical world, in undergraduate medical essay prizes, which natural modifies philosophical and not world, in which case the grammatically correct phrase would be naturally philosophical world? This would be better written as: In this publication, Jones wrote of the belief systems of the natural, philosophical world around him. or, depending on the answer to the fourth point: In this publication, Jones wrote of the belief systems of the naturally philosophical world around him. He was home for approximately 18 months, according to Jones the 18 months was the most predominant time period of his life.

This is a run-on sentence. It should either end between 18 months and according, or it should be rewritten to make it a proper sentence. 18 months is repeated for no reason. Application Essay Art School. 18 months is plural, so it should be 18 months were not 18 months was. Predominant means superior especially in power or numbers. Dialogue. Something cannot be most superior. College Application. Most should be omitted. Predominant is not the of venice essay, best word in this case anyway. If the student means it was the most powerful time of Jones' life, they should be clear about that. If they mean it was the most superior numerical time of essay his life, then he logically cannot have been more than 36 months old.

Simpson was content after his ability to reproduce Smith's experiment. Jones was not that easy, the two men fought constantly. The student probably means that Simpson was content once he was able to reproduce Smith's experiment. Shylock Of Venice. The current phrasing doesn't quite say that, and is awkward and confusing. Jones was not that easy to what? The student probably means Jones was not that easy to application art school, satisfy or something equivalent.

This is a run-on sentence. Research Methods Critically Psychological Study. It should end after easy, or be rewritten to be grammatically correct. Which two men? Simpson and Jones or Smith and Jones? The information on application, physics before this section is important to understanding whom Newton was, but arguably, his greatest advancements were in the field of mathematics, most importantly Calculus.

Incorrect use of research thinking critically psychological science study whom. Should be who. A site called Grammar and Style has information on college, how to use who and whom. There should not be a comma between arguably and his. There is no citation as to anyone arguing that Newton's greatest advancements were in mathematics. This might be because it would be difficult to prove in the face of the importance of methods psychological guide Newtonian physics. Advancements is probably the wrong word. Achievements or discoveries would be better. Newton's advancements are more likely to application art school, be funds paid in advance of publication. The addition of most importantly is awkward.

Particularly would have been a better word. The use of greatest and most importantly referring to Calculus is prizes, hyperbole. College Application Art School. Given that this essay was for a Calculus class, it sounds like a kiss-up. The declarations of research methods superiority are superfluous, unattributed, probably erroneous, and application essay possibly pandering. It's all very ugly. A concluding sentence: Smith's great work, theories, and essay about love studies will continue to college application, live on forever in the ever-changing world of science and mathematics . How can the student know that Smith's work will live on research thinking critically with psychological science study guide, forever?

That's an impossible assertion to college application essay art school, make. Work, theories and studies don't live. They exist, but they are not organic creatures. If the world is ever-changing, how again can the student know that Smith's work won't one day be considered nonsense? Or lost entirely? World is singular, but it refers to two worlds, one of science and one of mathematics. Writing Dialogue. This conclusion reeks of hyperbole. (So does the phrase reeks of hyperbole, but this is not a formal essay.)

A scientist before Smith by the name of college application essay art school Jones knew that he could demonstrate the ration between two infinite sums. The phrasing here is a bit awkward. Presentation. It would be better phrased: Jones, a predecessor of application essay Smith, knew that. Ration is the undergraduate medical, wrong word. The student meant ratio. This is one of those errors that a spell-check cannot find, but if the essay had been read aloud it may have been noticed. One man was proclaiming to be the inventor of the widgetiscope and another man was proclaiming the college application, exact same thing; who is telling the truth? The main problem here is the change in tense. You can't go from was to is if the subject remains fixed in time. Furthermore, it is incorrect to refer to someone who is dead as doing anything in the present besides being dead (and possibly rotting).

A dead person is not telling anything right now, but they were in the past. Try to avoid using the passive form was proclaiming and instead use proclaimed. This particular statement is also bad because of the subject matter. Essays Being Against Capital Punishment. The student has already shown in the essay that both men happened to independently invent the widgetiscope, but the issue is college application essay art school, who deserved the title for inventing it first . Essay About Love. So actually, neither one was necessarily lying, and the student should not make it appear that one or the essay, other may have been doing so. You must be careful not to libel people. The phrasing here is awkward and possibly a bit too conversational in the final question.

A better way of writing this would be: Two men proclaimed to be the inventor of calculus, but only one could be given the the merchant of venice essay, credit. The argument was so drawn out that a decision was not easy to application, come by which worked against Smith's favor. Undergraduate Medical Essay. Jones had been considered the application essay, sole inventor of the widgetiscope for fifteen years already, which gave him the upper hand. The student meant to say that the duration of the argument caused Smith to lose. But because the student failed to put the necessary comma between the bolded words, this sentence actually says, by means of a complicated string of multiple negatives, that it was not easy to come to a decision against business, Smith, meaning he won. This sentence would be better worded this way: Because the argument took so long, Smith lost.

But then, at the beginning of the next paragraph, the student writes: The argument took years to unravel and never really came to a definitive decision. This negates what the student had asserted before: that Smith lost because of the duration of the college essay art school, argument. Research Methods Thinking With Study. This also repeats the fact that it was a long argument, which is redundant. It was from the Greeks, where the college, underlying of widgetry emerged and set the shylock the merchant, basis of what widgetry has become. The Greeks are a people, not a place, so things come from whom, not where. The comma in this sentence should not be there. It sets up an expectation that the portion after the comma is a separate clause, as in: It was from the Greeks, who also invented blodgetry, that widgetry came forth. Note that because the who is in the separate clause, it should not be whom. The underlying what ? You can't just say the essay art school, underlying of widgetry. It has to be the underlying something of widgetry, whether that something is basis, foundation, etc.

Although there was a time of intellectual heightening , there came a period of darkness in business, the development of mathematics (Ewards 45) . Intellectual heightening is an icky, awkward phrase. Essay Art School. Intellectual development would have been much better. In going over this old essay, I wondered if perhaps this was a typo of the name Edwards. Critically Science Guide. I checked the college application, bibliography to confirm the name, and discovered that nothing by Ewards, Edwards, or any similar name was there at all. Business. Had this gone noticed when the paper was being graded, serious questions would have been raised as to the validity of the student's sources and bibliography. Be sure to list all sources in essay, your bibliography, and be sure to spell them correctly when citing!

One motive of Sumerian algebra was to impose on themselves a concepts that they could not fully understand and precisely compute, and for this reason, rejected concepts of plan sba irrational as numbers, all traces of the infinite, such as limit concepts, from college application essay art school, their own mathematics. Motive applies to Sumerian algebra, not Sumerians. Therefore, that motive cannot be imposed on themselves. It should be written: One motive of the against capital, Sumerians concerning their algebra was to application art school, impose on themselves. Essays Punishment. although that is still an awkward phrase. College Essay. Concepts should not be plural. This is sloppiness that probably could have been detected if the student had bothered to read over his essay. The sentence should end after compute.

A new sentence should begin, For this reason. Of Venice Essay. The word they should be put between reason and rejected to say: For this reason, they rejected concepts. This sentence is so garbled with mismatched subclauses that adding another is just icky. I'd put such as limit concepts in parenthesis, or rewrite the sentence to bring that idea out on its own. If Greek rigor had surmounted their need to succeed in these elements and refused to use real numbers and limits till they had finally understood them, calculus may have never formed and application art school mathematics as a whole would be obsolete (Apostal 102). The verb refused applies to Greek rigor, not Greeks, which is nonsensical. Be careful to ensure that your verbs match the subject you intend for them. Business. Don't use till when you mean until. That's colloquial at best, and not really a proper use of the essay art school, word at all at worst.

The proper phrase is have never been formed. Medical. To say something never formed begs the question: What didn't it form? Even though there is a citation for college essay art school, this extreme declaration that mathematics as a whole would be obsolete, it's still probably hyperbole. I wonder if the source actually said that, or if the business plan, student's paraphrasing has overstated the source's point that mathematics might be different without the advent of application essay calculus. Be careful that you don't paraphrase in such a way as to claim a source said something that they did not. If this source really says mathematics would be obsolete without calculus, it's a bad source. Such a statement would render even basic arithmetic and counting as obsolete, which is ridiculous. Essentially , it is a case of Smith's word against a number of suspicious details pointing against him.

He acknowledged possession of a copy of part of about love one of Jones' manuscripts, on more than one occasion he deliberately altered or added to important documents before publishing them, and a material date I none of his manuscripts had been falsified (1675 had been changed to 1673) (Bogus, 78) Essentially isn't technically incorrect here, but students do have a tendency to use words like essentially and basically too often. It's somewhat conversational, and possibly colloquial. Try to avoid it unless something is truly essential. A number of suspicious details pointing against him is an awkward way of saying: suspicions of college application his guilt. But what the student means is not suspicions, but points of shylock the merchant essay evidence. College Application Art School. When you list several examples of something you've indicated, the way to punctuate it is as follows (note the placement of the colon and subsequent semicolons): [Point being made]:[proof 1];[proof 2];[proof 3]; and[proof 4]. This way each proof can have punctuation such as commas without being confused with other points, and each proof still points to the main part of the sentence. This entire thing should be rewritten to say: It is a case of Smith's word against of venice, the evidence of his guilt: he acknowledged possession of a copy of application Jones' manuscripts; on more than one occasion he deliberately altered or added to important documents before publishing them; and his manuscripts had been falsified by undergraduate medical changing 1675 to essay, 1673 (Bogus, 78). After quoting a dictionary definition:

The editors of the shylock of venice essay, famous dictionary are probably unaware of the college application essay, fact that they have just committed a cardinal sin in dialogue presentation, the mathematical world , in that they only college application essay art school, described fingleish widgetry, and failed to include an explanation of fnordleish widgetry. It's okay to question a source, and at writing presentation higher levels of essay education it might even be required. But if you're going to do it, be careful to do it well and with evidence. This just sounds presumptuous. The student has not shown whether or not the dictionary has separate definitions for widgetry or otherwise accounts for plan sba, its apparent lack of sufficient definition. Saying the college art school, dictionary is being against capital, famous is probably unnecessary, and possibly hyperbole.

A cardinal sin is a sin of fundamental importance. In the Judeo-Christian context, this would mean something very bad, like murder. Thus, calling a disagreement in essay, definition in essay teenage, a dictionary a cardinal sin is definitely hyperbole. Even if it was a cardinal sin, the sin was committed in the dictionary, not in the mathematical world. The student meant against the mathematical world. It is application essay art school, surprising how people could be satisfied such a vague definition, as was the case in Webster's Dictionary, on a subject that has tested such great minds for centuries upon centuries . It is surprising how students could be satisfied with such drivel in their essays. That sounds nasty, doesn't it? That's because it is. Sentences like this are insulting and off-putting, and don't belong in a formal essay. Shylock The Merchant Of Venice Essay. Such great minds requires an example. The word such should be omitted.

Centuries upon centuries is redundant. Just say centuries and leave it at that. Jones' first object in Paris was to make contact with the essay, French government but, while waiting for such an opportunity, he made contact with mathematicians and philosophers there, in particular Davis and Myers, discussing with Davis a variety of topics but particularly church reunification (Bugle 57). An object is against punishment, a thing. The student means Jones' first objective. This is a bad run-on. It should be broken up like this: Jones' first objective in college essay, Paris was to make contact with the French government, but while waiting for an opportunity to medical, do so, he made contact with mathematicians and application essay philosophers such as Davis and Myers. He discussed a variety of topics with Davis, particularly church reunification (Bugle 57).

Smith's contribution to math has helped our society become more technological in building things . In this particular case, Smith made many contributions, not just one. Math is the colloquial version of mathematics. Of Venice Essay. Did Smith's contributions only help our society? What about other societies? More technological in college essay art school, building things is a really awkward way of saying improved our technological aptitude.

Undoubtedly, Jones was one of the greatest geniuses that ever lived and this paper will demonstrate that, starting from his childhood until his death . Smith may have been a genius, but to blow that up to one of the greatest geniuses that ever lived is hyperbole. Even if it is true, the paper didn't demonstrate it because the paper didn't compare Smith to other great geniuses that have lived. The paper showed that Smith was a genius, perhaps, but not his rank amongst all of the geniuses that have ever lived. If you start from something, you go to or follow through to research methods thinking critically with, another something. The phrase starting from his childhood until his death actually means you're starting from the essay, section of time inclusively between his childhood and death and not saying where you're going. Furthermore, the paper does not start from Smith's childhood because it was not being written when Smith was a child. The student means, starting with his childhood and following through to writing dialogue presentation, his death. That is still awkward, and the sentence would be best written: Undoubtedly, Jones was a genius, and this paper will demonstrate that by examining his entire life. So John lived for college application, seven years with his mother's parents who did not really show him any affection . So in this context is colloquial and should be omitted. This really should be cited.

John's address may be a matter of public record and therefore doesn't have to be cited, but comments on undergraduate medical essay, the emotional quality of the household imply research, and the student should give credit to the source. Really is colloquial, and should be omitted. While at Cambridge, Smith's genius was most productive in his dedication to college application essay, math . Who is Smith's genius? The student means Smith's intellect, but an intellect cannot be productive. It facilitates productivity, but it is not productive itself. A better way to write this would be: Smith's intellect was best displayed in his dedication. Math is colloquial. Undergraduate. It should be mathematics. This information helps us to understand how we, as humans stay on application essay, the ground; we are matter as well and do have an invisible force weighing us down as we push against it and it pushes back against us . This hand full of knowledge has helped our scientist understand our universe of heavenly bodies and research methods thinking critically with psychological their movement.

It has also allowed scientist to delve further in exploring our galaxy. Does gravity only college art school, affect humans? Granted, the student is trying to essays punishment, make the science seem more personal, but this is an college art school, awkward way of doing it. Sba. It is application, also something that seems to indicate an business plan sba, essay geared to children. While you should usually write essays so they can be understood by laypersons, you can assume those laypersons are your age and intellectual peers. Application Art School. The description of the essays being, invisible force is application essay art school, very awkward. A better wording would be: do have an invisible force that we push against as it pushes back against us. Gravity does not, in being capital, fact, weigh people down. The student's own definition of it earlier in the essay mentions this, and here too it is college, accurately described as a push, not a pull.

To add in the merchant essay, the bit about it weighing us down is contradictory. The student means handful. Application Art School. This is a bad description anyway, since the student is trying to dialogue presentation, show how this knowledge is monumental to scientists. Both instances of scientist should be pluralized. One delves further into application art school, something, not in it. The Royal Society always had someone coming in dialogue presentation, each week they met to show off their invention . Always had someone coming in is colloquial and awkward. It should say: The Royal Society hosted a guest each week. The second part of application essay this is a separate sentence and the merchant of venice should be capitalized and college application punctuated accordingly, or else brought into the first sentence with appropriate conjunctions. Show off is colloquial. Essays Being Against Capital Punishment. Demonstrate would be better.

Since more than one invention was demonstrated, invention should be plural. A concluding paragraph: Jones was a great man who made an impact in all of our lives . He is recognized as one of the centuries brilliant-minded people who helped to further math along. This intellectual man has created something which has and will be used for years to come. This is an important part of history which will and should never be forgotten. The essay has shown that Jones was brilliant and invented some useful things. It has not, however, demonstrated that he was a great man. A great man is one that embodies greatness in all things, including attitude, relationships with others, and their contributions to application, their society. Jones may have been all of this, but the essay did not reflect it, so it is hyperbole to declare it in the conclusion.

It is also a highly subjective comment; what makes someone great to one person may not for another. Centuries is the plural of century, not the possessive. The student means century's. But Jones was not of essay our current century, so the application essay, student should define which century they mean. Impacts are made on, not in.

If by medical all of us the student means everyone on the planet, this is incorrect. Jones' contributions to college application, mathematics hardly impact the life of about teenage someone living in application essay art school, a non-literate, non-industrialized society. Even if the student merely means her peers, it is still hyperbole to declare that everyone has been impacted. If you're going to mention that the person did something in your conclusion, mention what that something is. While it is unlikely that Jones' history will be forgotten, the student cannot effectively predict the future in this way. Some of these comments may seem nitpicky, but the writing presentation, fact of the application essay, matter is errors such as these reflect poorly on you and your essay.

No one is perfect, and the merchant an essay with one or two awkward phrases won't be marked down just for those instances. But an college essay art school, essay that is full of the errors listed above prevents the reader from understanding the content. If the instructor doesn't know what you mean, they can't possibly give you a good grade. Last updated in February 2005. Copyright #169 2000-2005 Kimberly Chapman. All rights reserved. This original work is available for dialogue presentation, distribution, provided the following: it is only distributed in this complete form, it contains my name and application art school copyright, it is not altered during distribution without my consent, and essay about it is not used to generate income for anyone without my consent. I would strongly appreciate knowing if anyone is distributing this in printed form. If you want to receive notification of updates on any portion of this site, simply enter your email address here and click/select the button to enter. You will be required to sign up for essay, a free Yahoo! account to complete registration.

Please note that Yahoo!'s privacy policy and other management are outside of kimberlychapman.com's responsibility. Users are encouraged to perform their own due diligence before signing up with any online service. To find out more about the list or read messages without signing up, please visit the Yahoo! page for the kimberlychapman updates mailing list.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
College Application Essay Dos and Don ts | The Art of Manliness

Free Downloadable Resume Templates. Free resume templates designed selected by RG professionals. Simply choose your favorite and get started. Just scroll down and application essay, find a Microsoft Word template that suits your work experience and sense of design. Don’t worry – using a template is perfectly acceptable. If you don’t feel like designing your own resume, you can instead jump to our free and easy to use online resume builder. Save time and medical prizes, effort – it does all of the writing and formatting for you. Click the button below and get started! Resume Template Library 1: Resume Genius' Original Designs - Expert's Choice. The above basic resume library was designed by our resident resume experts and have been battle tested by job seekers.

As this set performed the best, we included them in college application essay our resume builder software– and now we are offering them to you for free to undergraduate medical prizes download in application essay art school Microsoft Word format. Each professional template comes in five colors. Explore these templates, download them, personalize them, and start getting more interviews. Resume Template Library 2: Advanced Layouts. Professional Brick Red. Timeless Dark Blue. Elegant 2.0 Dark Blue. Modern Brick Red. Due to the popularity of our professional Microsoft Word templates, we decided to spend more time adding to our database after hearing from customers about what they’d like to see.

For these new designs, we’ve created five NEW layouts and updated three of our most popular selections from our resume builder software. Each resume has its own unique aesthetic — but don’t let that fool you. The Merchant Of Venice Essay! Each resume is thoroughly tested for clarity and readability, meaning that you could use ANY of these resumes and land more interviews. So have fun, and pick one that suits your sense of college essay, design. But remember — the way you format your resume is extremely important depending on being against capital punishment, how much experience you have, or if you have any job gaps. So be sure to college application essay modify downloaded files to you get to match your experience accordingly. Template Library 3: Professional Profile Layouts. Washington Brick Red. Murray Dark Blue. Trump Brick Red.

Introducing our newest batch of undergraduate prizes, Microsoft Word templates, hot off the presses. We created these new designs due to the growing popularity of college application art school, our explainer on how to write a professional profile. Research Thinking Critically Psychological Study! People interested in a layout featuring a PP introduction skyrocketed, so we toiled to create 8 brand new HR-approved documents for you to download for free. Remember — this particular template is best for college art school, those of you with some or significant work experience only. Template Library 4: Creative Layouts. Brooklyn Bridge Black.

Taj Mahal Dark Blue. White House Brick Red. Empire State Gray. Mount Rushmore Dark Blue. Are you having trouble separating yourself from your competitors?

Have you been using the same resume format since you graduated college over a decade ago? Then it might be time to add some style to your resume! We’ve come up with a new set of business plan sba, creative designs that are the perfect blend of professionalism, personality, and just the right amount of essay, style. These styles are great for guide, graphic designers, artists, or anyone who wants to add a hint of character to their job search. Template Library 5: Career Life Situations. Job Hopper Original.

Mid-Level Dark Blue. Career Changer Brick Red. Whether it’s entry-level, manager, or executive, every job seeker experiences different phases throughout their career. College Application Essay Art School! Some phases, like being in the middle of medical prizes, a complete career change or hopping around short-term jobs, are quite difficult to transfer on a resume. Fortunately, we have created a new library of templates specifically tailored to essay the various stages of about, a career.

Remember: You can download any of application essay art school, these resume templates for free and add the bullet points yourself, or you can make a resume in critically science guide minutes with Resume Genius’ renowned resume builder software. It can save you a lot of hassle designing and college application art school, filling up your resume, and land you more interviews faster. However, if you’d still like to make the of venice essay, resume on your own, use our industry-specific resume samples to give you guidance and inspiration when writing your own resume. Lastly, don’t forget to check out our professional cover letter examples. Not Sure Which Template to Choose? The answer is yes — if you want to. Every person’s experience is unique, so you’ll need to choose a template that best reflects and essay art school, promotes your skills and experiences.Our templates are built to be customizable to any industry and are great for any of the 3 resume formats.

The fact is, the web is filled with so many fantastic and creative template designs that there is undoubtedly something for you out shylock the merchant essay there. Art School! We are proud of the medical prizes, designs we’ve created, and application essay art school, have seen that they are effective at landing interviews. Undergraduate Medical! But we’re not finished yet — we’ll be adding template designs to this page extensively in the near future. If you feel like creating your own, that’s fine too. Readability is king when creating a good template — it is the most important factor, followed by college application essay how the resume itself is structured to showcase your best experiences and conceal your negative ones. You may have read on the Internet that it’s inappropriate to teenage love use a resume template. You’ll hear these arguments: 1. It shows you’re lazy and uncreative, and unable to design your own. Wrong, it shows you’re efficient. (Creating your own is application essay art school fine, too.) 2. Since your experience is unique, a resume template won’t cut it.

Wrong again. Your experience is personally unique, but you still generally fall into pattern that many other people have traveled before. 3. The hiring manager will be tired of looking at that resume template design because a lot of other people use it. That hiring manager should be fired. Presentation! It’s the art school, content of your resume that matters, not the being capital punishment, aesthetic (unless it’s not readable.) We hope that clears up any misconceptions you may have had. College Application Art School! We invite you to shylock the merchant scroll back to application art school the top and choose from shylock, one of our many resume libraries, and start writing. cover letter for nursing. Should i include collegiate sports in application art school my resume?

And if so where? It depends how much professional experience you have. If you are a recent college grad, then it is acceptable to include on your resume. Good luck on the job hunt! Good luck on the job hunt! If the jobs are relevant to dialogue the ones you are applying for, then you can go as far back as you like. With regards to your military experience, check out our military to civilian resume guide: https://resumegenius.com/blog/go-shooting-guns-coffee-runs.

Any of the college essay, templates in library 2 would be suitable for manufacturing careers. Research Methods Thinking Study Guide! Best of luck! I’ve worked in the same industry for college essay art school, the past 13 years. Multiple employers with jobs lasting two to writing dialogue presentation three years each. The jobs have been similar, so the experience looks a bit repetitive. College Essay! I need to find a template that highlights my experience without getting bogged down in writing dialogue presentation the chronology, Any suggestions? It provides ample space for your professional experience, while also highlighting your top qualifications. Good luck on the job hunt!

hi resume genius.. i need template resume that suitable for application, trainer and coach.. can u suggest to essay about teenage love me with template is suitable.. #128578; I had a job for essay art school, 7 years and during that time I wore many hats, Executive Admin, Purchasing, Vendor Management, Project Coordination, etc. How would I write that on being capital, my resume? Perhaps the Company name and then all the related roles under that and college essay art school, the times I did those jobs? I was always the Executive Admin, but I did other jobs during that period.

Yes, your suggestion is correct. Start with the company name and included the related jobs with their own bullet points underneath. Good luck! Consider trying the ‘Job Hopper’ or the ‘Executive.’ They should able to medical essay fit all your jobs nicely. Ive never had a job so what should I use? Most of the art school, templates above would suit your situation, but we suggest trying the Career Changer template because it emphasizes skills over undergraduate medical essay prizes the dates of your professional experience. (https://resumegenius.com/resume-templates/career-level-life-situation-templates#career-changer-templates) Best of luck! We suggest using the ‘Gatsby’ Template. Good luck with grad school!

As far as style, we suggest our ‘Professional’ template. In terms of format, if you want to include your restaurant experience, then you might want to application essay art school consider using a functional format:https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/functional-samples-writing-guide. Hope this helps! We suggest using our ‘Entry-Level’ template. Good luck with the internship! Good Day Resume Genius.I’m a midwife by profession an essay about teenage love, has worked in a military hospital for 16 years in KSA. I’m trying to apply as a home based ESL educator and college, an email respondent . Since I’m from the medical profession, I’m having difficulty in being capital choosing the perfect resume.The skill I know is more on the medical.,clerical which involes data entry for essay, appointments and summary, interpreter and shylock the merchant of venice essay, my part time informal english lessons to application essay art school native speaking arabs.

What template should I use? Try the ‘Murray’ template. Good luck! Hello. Writing Dialogue! Which is good for cabin crew applicant? I have no many work experience in service. So i want to highlight the other things. Thanks #128578; Take a look at application essay our Flight Attendant resume sample: https://resumegenius.com/resume-samples/flight-attendant-resume-example You can download it and input your own information.

Which template would you recommend for a career in education? Check out our teacher resume samples: https://resumegenius.com/resume-samples/teacher-resume-example You can download them and input your own experience. Try using the ‘Freeman’ template. Best of luck on essays against capital, the promotion! Hi! What resume template would you recommend for a college freshman trying to art school apply for a competitive summer program with the USDA and of venice essay, South Dakota State University? Sound like the application essay art school, ‘Entry-Level’ template would be a good fit for what you’re trying to do. Good luck with the essays capital punishment, summer program. Hi! Which resume template would you recommend for someone trying to tap into the finance and accounting market. Looking for an entry-level position.

You should go with the ‘Entry-Level’ template. College Art School! Good luck with the job hunt. I have worked 32+ years as a nurse, the last 4 years taking care of research thinking guide, my elderly father and online work. Now seeking to get back into college essay art school the job market for extra income, not necessarily in the health field, just to earn some income and socialize. What resume do you suggest? Try the ‘Job Hopper’ template. Good luck with your job search! Hi! What resume template would you recommend for a 9th grader trying to apply for undergraduate essay prizes, a doctor (any)?? Apparently, resume making and interviewing is our project for application, the fourth quarter this year.

I couldn’t find any clear examples on the web, and essay about love, I was hoping you could help me out with what template I should use.. Try using the ‘Elegant 2.0’ template. Good luck on your project. Yes, if you click the View all Resume Designs button and click the college application essay art school, download link for the template pack of your choice. If you’ve never written a resume before, I’d recommend checking out our “How to Write a Resume” guide to get a clearer idea (it’s much more comprehensive than any answer I can give here). Essay About! https://resumegenius.com/how-to-write-a-resume.

Hit us up with any follow-up questions after giving that a read we’ll see if we can help further! Good luck! Hey there Margaret, In order to best understand which template works, it’s a good idea to check out application essay which resume format fits your particular needs; then you can take it from there. https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats. All of the templates were created by professional resume writers, so it’s hard to go wrong with any of them — it just depends on your preference. Medical Essay Prizes! Good luck! It really depends on what job you’re applying for. Since you have substantial work experience, try quantifying that in your resume (think: any numbers that a hiring manager can look at and better understand what you accomplished during your time working there).

Check out this page and choose the one you find most fitting, that should be a good start: https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats. Good luck on college essay art school, the job hunt! Hey there hbil036, This way, you can focus on essay, your skills qualifications critical to the job application. As an aside, you may want to look into whether you’re qualified to get back into accounting after that many years outside of the field. I understand that some regulations and rules change over the years — it may just be a matter of taking a test or updating your certifications, but I’m not certain. College Application! If that doesn’t seem to be a problem then go with the functional resume for sure. Good luck on the job hunt!

If you are lacking in major experience, I’d recommend using a reverse chronological format for your resume. Our “Classic” template on this page should do the trick: https://resumegenius.com/resume-templates/ Good luck at the job fair! I recommend you first check out our internship resume sample page: https://resumegenius.com/resume-samples/internship-resume-example. Afterwards, feel free to choose any format – just use a comprehensive education section instead of a professional experience section, and you should be good. Good luck landing that internship! Share Free Downloadable Resume Templates Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today’s competitive job market. We provide HR-approved resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to plan choose from, and easy export to MS Word and PDF. Get awesome job opportunities sent directly to application your inbox. By clicking Send Me Job Alerts, I agree to the Resume Genius Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Play the One-Minute Game That’ll Show You How to Improve Your Resume. Think you can judge the quality of essays against punishment, a resume within 6 seconds? The answer may surprise you. College Application Essay! Put your skills to the test, and learn how to make your resume 6 second worthy! 3 Reasons Why I Wouldn't Hire Tom Brady. Tom Brady’s resume is a couple yards short of a touchdown. Essay! There are tons of errors throughout. See why.

How to Modify and college art school, Maximize your Resume Template. Need a resume template? Feel free to download one, but be sure to make small modifications to unlock your. Would You Rather Work for a Man or a Woman? Do people still care whether they work for a man or woman, or do most people simply look for a nice job.

5 Ridiculous Excuses To Calling Out Of Work That Were Surprisingly Successful. Every office is bound to essay love have that one person that abuses the call-out policy. These people go above and. Resume Genius' builder, resources, advice and college, career tips are regularly featured on some of the world's leading online and offline publications including: Our code geeks and plan, HR experts are proud to college application essay introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to business plan sba help you land more interviews in today's competitive job market.

HR-proven resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easily export to MS Word and PDF.

Write My Paper For Me -
How to Write a Successful Personal Statement for Art School | Hussian

5 Tips for Creating a Photo Essay with a Purpose. As a photographer, you are a storyteller. The nouns are your subject matter; the verbs are the color and contrast that keep the story moving. A cast of characters all working together to get your point across. Instead of proper grammar, you ensure proper exposure. College Application Art School. Instead of spelling errors, you watch for dialogue, tack-sharp focus. For those times when the story is especially important and application essay, meaningful, or for when one image doesn’t say it all, there is the photographic essay. With blogging and social media, photo essays are more popular than ever: humorous or emotionally relevant, sparking debate or encouraging compassion, each with a story to tell. Research Methods Critically Science Guide. I’ve mentioned before that taking on a photo project is one of my favorite ways to reignite my love for photography, but beyond that, it’s a great way to get your message across and have your work seen by a larger group. A photo essay is college application art school intriguing; it’s something to talk about after people hear that you’re a photographer and want to essays being punishment know about the essay glitz and glamour of psychological science guide it all. It’s the perfect thing to college art school tell them after you’re done going on and on essays against capital punishment about all of the application red carpets, the writing celebrities, the college application essay fame, and the fortune.

It also can be extremely satisfying and essays being against capital, kick-start your creative wonderment. By definition, a photographic essay is a set or series of photographs intended to tell a story or evoke emotions. It can be only images, images with captions, or images with full text. In short, it can be almost anything you want it to be. Which is where I struggle mostwhen the college application essay options are limitless. In this freelance world we live in, I love a little guidance, a little direction. Ideally, someone to tell me exactly what they want and undergraduate medical prizes, promise to art school be thrilled with whatever I produce, for my fragile artist ego can’t take any less. While I continue my quest for that, I offer you these 5 tips for about, creating your own, completely without bounds, photographic essay: Each time I’ve had a very specific concept in mind before I started shooting, it’s never been the end result. An example: for a hot minute, I offered a “day in the life” session to my clients.

I was photographing so many of the same clients year after year that I wanted to college application essay art school be able to offer them a different spin on the portrait sessions I was doing for them. I asked a long-time client if her family could be my guinea pigs for business, this and told them that we could do whatever they wanted. We went out for ice cream, had a mini dance party in their living room, and I photographed a tooth that had been lost that very morning. Then, very last, I photographed the two young daughters with notes they had written, which to be honest, I’m not even sure how they had come about. I rushed home after the session and college application essay art school, edited those last note pictures first just because they were so different from what I usually shoot, and posted them on my personal Facebook page the heading Notes Girls Write . Within minutes a dear friend, and fellow photographer, commented that this was big. Bigger than just the two pictures. She and undergraduate medical essay prizes, I would spend the next year working on a photo essay that became a blog, that in turn became a book entitled Notes Girls Write . We photographed hundreds of women of all ages with their notes, each one later expressing having their portrait taken with their own words was an application, extremely powerful moment for them. Beyond my beautiful children, the fact that I can make a bed with hospital corners like no one’s business, and the award I won in the 4th grade for “Most Patient”, Notes Girls Write is the merchant one of my proudest accomplishments. College Art School. It evolved on its own, starting from a few similar photographs that struck a cord in viewers and becoming a large and powerful project, one of the biggest markers in my career so far. Of Venice Essay. TIP: Don’t be so set in your idea that your project can’t outgrow your original concept.

Your images will guide you to application essay your end result, which may end up being different than you originally envisioned it. 2) If you think there’s something there, there’s likely something there. For the last year I have been a “foster mom” with a dog rescue group. Medical Essay Prizes. Volunteers transport dogs that would otherwise be put down from overpopulated shelters, or seized from terrible situations, to my area, where dog adoption rates are much higher. These dogs live in foster homes while they receive medical care and basic training so that they can be adopted out to loving homes. It’s incredibly rewarding. College Essay Art School. Especially when I had hardwood floors. I knew from the first time I met the transport van I wanted to research thinking with psychological guide document what it looked like: a van full of dogs that just narrowly escaped death arriving to temporary homes where they will experience a level of love and care which they’ve likely never known.

I tear-up every time I see it. I am also put to work every time I am there, so taking photos while holding onto a 100 pound German Shepard is tough. It’s going to take me several trips to have enough images to do anything with, but that’s fine. I have no idea what I will be doing with these photos. I know they will find a home somewhere: maybe with the rescue group to raise awareness, or to college application essay help bring in volunteers, or maybe they will do nothing more than document my own story with volunteering, or perhaps something more. I’m not sure yet, but the point is critically psychological that I have the images, ready for their time, whenever that is. TIP: If you think there is college essay something to it, there likely is. Even if it’s just a personal passion project. Take photos until you find the direction or purpose and sba, save them until your essay takes shape. You may not end up using all, or any of the images, but in continuing to take photographs, your project will be defined. I’m the “World’s Worst Over-Shooter”.

Need one image? Let me take a hundred so we know we have it. Luckily for my bad habit, the college art school photographic essay needs over teenage, shooting. Whether you know what your plan is, or have no idea want your end result will look like, the more coverage you have, the essay art school better. This is one of the few times I push my luck and ask my subjects to work for me until they never want to see me again (I only photograph people though, so if you are photographing mountains or something, you have the essay love added advantage of not pushing people until they cry or yell). Don’t be shy. Shoot everything you know you don’t need, just in case you need it.

Should your end product need supporting images or take a different direction than you originally thought, you’ll be ready. Essay. Take advantage of undergraduate medical prizes digital (if that’s how you shoot) and fill a memory card. You may end up trashing everything, or you may not. I had no idea that my Notes Girls Write project would span for as long as it did, but because I didn’t turn down anyone who was interested in the very beginning I ended up with some shots that told complete stories and expanded on the original concept. TIP: Think big. If you are shooting an essay where mountains are your subject matter, see the mountain in pieces and photograph the surrounding trees, rocks, and art school, whatever else.

This will save you having to writing dialogue return to the beginning of the project for supporting shots, or having to reshoot if your essay takes a different turn than you planned. 4) Ask for help with image selection. Application. I struggle with this oneI let my personal feelings get involved. Throughout our Notes Girls Write project I was constantly picking images based on my personal feelingsthe subjects that I had connected with more, and the girls that I knew were most interested in the project. This is where it is thinking critically with psychological so helpful to have someone else help. Someone who has no personal feelings towards the images and will help you pick based only on college art school the strength of the image and not your own feelings. Writing Dialogue. Even if people were not involved as subjects, you tend to have personal feelings toward images that the general public may not see the power behind. I recently photographed several dozen sexual assault survivors as part of college application essay a photographic essay for a victim advocacy’s annual gallery show. This event is shylock the merchant essay meant to put faces on the survivors and raise awareness, and has been a large local event for college, years. I was thrilled to be selected to essays against punishment be the exclusive photographer, though this was one of the hardest projects I’ve ever taken on.

The photo sessions themselves, whether five minutes or 30, were extremely emotional for college application essay art school, the survivors and in the time I spent with them, I often learned a lot about their journey and about, experience. This made it difficult for me to pick which final images would be used for the show, based only on the power of the essay art school image and not my personal feelings. In the end several select friends helped me narrow each survivor’s images down, and the subjects themselves selected which would be the business plan sba final image used, as ultimately this is their story. TIP: All creative work is personal, and looking at college essay art school photographs we take ourselves is incredibly hard to do with clear eyes. Shylock The Merchant Of Venice Essay. We see the mistakes, the personal feelings, the essay shot that could have been better. It’s impossible to always set these aside so when working on a project that is essay about incredibly important to you, or large in scale. College Application Essay. Have others help you decide what images to research methods critically with science guide use for your final pieces. Bring in people who are interested in application essay photography and people that aren’t. People that know about plan your subject matter and application essay, people that don’t understand it at all.

But above all, bring in people who will be honest and not tip-toe around your feelings. Lastly, also bring a thick skin. 5) Tell your story, in fact shout it from the being capital punishment rooftops if you can. Maybe your original idea for your photographic essay was to post it on your blog. College Application Art School. Awesome, nothing wrong with that, but are you sure it can’t be more? Shop it around, who can it help? Does this benefit a group, an organization, or a person?

Could it inspire people? If you feel passionately about the photos, chances are that someone else will too. Your photographic eye doesn’t stop when your shooting is done. If you felt compelled to take the dialogue time to create a photographic essay, there are likely “readers” for your story. Application Art School. TIP: This isn’t the time to be humble.

Taking on a photo essay is a large endeavour. While there’s nothing wrong with having it be something you only did for your own personal growth, showing it around can be helpful both in experience and essay, longterm benefit. College Essay. Post it on social media, find appropriate places your essay could be displayed, and think about how it helped you. Every single photo essay I have done has led to medical essay an outstanding connection, or more work, and there is nothing wrong with getting those things along with the personal gain of accomplishing something you’re proud of. The ideas are truly for college application, a photographic essay are limitless. Truly. Want a few more ideas for projects, try these? Have you ever done a photographic essay? What is plan sba your experience? Share with in the comments if you have, or have considered it.

If you haven’t, what are you waiting for? Read more from our Tips Tutorials category. Lynsey Mattingly photographs families, kids, couples, and other groups of people who, for application, whatever reason, kind of like each other. Her portrait work has been featured in People Magazine, Us Weekly, BBC Magazine, and on national TV including CNN, Oprah, and Ellen, but most importantly, in the personal galleries of clients across the medical country. Her photography can be viewed at www.lynseymattingly.com or on Facebook. College. Excellent post Lynsey. I suffer from the same challenges as you in medical prizes tip #4. I get caught up in my personal meaning behind some of my pictures. Apparently, others feel the same way. Application Essay Art School. http://www.picture-power.com/my-most-powerful-picture.html.

I have an idea for a photo essay I wanted to pursue, this article helped grow it further. Thank you. Wonderful article. I liked the picture for #3. This is the main reason why I think a blog is a much more interesting format than a photo sharing site such as flickr or 500px to business show your work; for me, the images are just part of the story, but the essay words and texts can help define them, giving them context and body.

For me, an image rarely works alone and usually comes in a set with a particular rhythm and flow; what precedes and what follows is a very important element of each capture, as well. One example from my blog, a short walk that I took recently along a humble neighborhood in Bangkok: I think the issue in Tip #4 is common to all creative endeavors: We all get too close to the material. In a previous life, I was a writer and dialogue presentation, editor, but when it came time for application essay, me to edit my own stuff, I had somebody else look at it. We have too much of ourselves tied up in plan sba the work to be objective sometimes. Art School. Wonderful article, thank you #128578; some of the examples are awesome and thought-filling. Thank-you for telling me about this!! It pretty much rocks. I am so glad that I came across this article this morning. I am no pro shylock of venice essay photographer but just someone who loves capturing images to share. I have been asked to volunteer my time to capture a group of students in Beijing, who would be traveling to Xian, the home of the terracotta warriors, to application art school help out in a orphanage just 2 weeks from now.

I have never done this before. They are not expecting much. Undergraduate Medical. Just pictures for the event. However, I wanted to tell a story. Essay. A story of these volunteers as well as the orphans and I have been struggling over the past week of whether is capital punishment that what I should do. After reading this article, I know that I am on college essay the right path and teenage, hopefully help not to take pictures of application essay people, but take pictures of the essays capital story behind the essay art school people. Thank you again very much. With Psychological. This is my first opportunity to use my hobby for a good cause, and I am very excited about application essay it.

Thank you again for this great article. Really good points and sba, very motivational to get me on a riveting photo essay again. I did attempt one such photographic essay which I titled #8220;The World of application Weeds.#8221; Would appreciate a few visits with any helpful comments or critiques. It#8217;s over at writing presentation one of college essay art school my blogs and essay about teenage, can be found here: http://thegoldenumber.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-world-of-weeds.html. you have some beautiful images there, but I would keep the focus similar. the shift in focus from college application essay art school 1, 2, 3 and 5 is dialogue radical. 5 the green plant on the corner and then 7 seems another sudden change.

The drain-pipe is beautiful because the eye follows the application art school path of the pipe and so tightly focused. It seems to be erratic because you have the wonderful still life of essay about dried plants against college application essay art school, nearly solid backdrops like walls and then sudden change to green plants that don#8217;t seem to have the same focus.. but the about dried plants and wall work, the drain beautiful and interesting. The green plants against walls work well with dried plants because they have similar conceptual style. Overall, is interesting group and should be developed some more. I recently completed my first photo essay as an eBook.

It took me a long time to application essay art school figure out how to undergraduate medical essay work with iBooks Author, but it was a great platform to construct such a vehicle to application essay display digital photographs in a meaningful way. Unfortunately, it only publishes to iBooks, which translates, effectively, to having the eBook only on iPads. Photo essays in black and white. This post inspired me to start my website of photo essays. My current ongoing series is business sba about a band I went on college application tour with and the different things I learned and encountered: http://www.quietandconstant.com/on-tour-with-lemuria-part-1/ I recently made a photo essay which was published in a mainstream web portal so I#8217;m quite happy about that. I agree that sometimes, photographs have to be put in context by using words to string them together. Business. Also believe that any subject can be turned into a photo essay. The Photo Essay is application essay a piece where its the shylock the merchant of venice photographer#8217;s voice through and through. Landscape Photography Tips. Photo Composition Tips.

Beginner Photography Tips. 2006 - 2017 Digital Photography School, All Rights Reserved / Disclaimer. Thanks for subscribing! DPS NEWSLETTER Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download. DPS NEWSLETTER All our best articles for the week Fun photographic challenges Special offers and college application, discounts. DPS NEWSLETTER All our best articles for the week Fun photographic challenges Special offers and discounts Your email is safe with us.

We won't share it with anyone. Ebook Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download. Writing Dialogue. Ebook Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download. Ebook Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download. PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by application essay, PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download GET DAILY free tips, news and reviews via our RSS Feed Sign up to the free.

PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download GET DAILY free tips, news and reviews via our RSS Feed Sign up to business the free. Application Art School. PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download.

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Sample Admission Essay - Fine Arts - Daily Admission Essay Blog

Dehydration of 2-Methylcyclohexanol Formal Report Essay Sample. A dehydration reaction of an alcohol results in an alkene. This type of reaction requires an college alcohol, an acid catalyst and heat. Generally strong concentrated acids, like sulfuric acid and phosphoric acid, are used as the acid catalyst.The acid catalyst protonates the alcohol, to make a much better leaving group. Weakest bases make the best leaving groups, so once the alcohol is protonated the writing presentation leaving group leaves and produces in a carbocation and water. In order to form the double bond, one of the beta hydrogens, hydrogens on college essay art school, a carbon adjacent to the carbocation, must be removed or eliminated. Therefore, another name for a dehydration reaction is beta elimination. Water acts as a nucleophile and attacks the carbocation, removing a beta hydrogen; the about teenage electrons from the C-H bond move to make a C-C pi-bond. The general mechanism is displayed by equation (1.0)Equation (1.0) shows a reaction with a primary alcohol. Usually primary alcohols form primary carbocation. However, primary carbocations are too unstable to form as intermediates, so they can undergo a rearrangement or E2 mechanism.

A rearrangement occurs when an alkyl group or a hydrogen on the neighboring carbon of the carbocation shift to essay, delocalize the positive charge to result in a more stable carbocation. Writing! A rearrangement almost always occurs whenever a carbocation can form a more stable molecule. An E2 mechanism means that the essay reaction is an elimination and the rate-determining step is bimolecular, two species are involved in one step of the mechanism. If the shylock of venice alcohol in equation (1.0) were to undergo an essay E2 mechanism then the beta hydrogen would be eliminated (the nucleophile would attack the electrophilic carbocation), C-C pi bond would be formed, and the leaving group would leave all in the rate determining step. Additionally, equation (1.0) only shylock the merchant shows one product, which is not true for all alcohols. Certain alcohols can produce more than one product when they undergo dehydration, such as 2-methylcyclohexanol, structure shown on right. Essay! The minimum number of products resulting can be determined by the number of groups of beta carbons on the molecule.

For example, after the alcohol is protonated and leaves, the carbocation will have two groups of beta hydrogens, so 2-methylcyclohexanol will have at least two products as a result of beta elimination. The products of 2-methylcyclohexanol show regioselectivity, meaning products are not produced in equal amount. Zaitsev’s rule can predict which product will be the major, most favored product. Zaitsev’s rule states that the more substituted alkene will the favored product; the double bond containing the most non-hydrogen substituents will be the major product. In this lab, 2-methylcyclohexanol will undergo a dehydration with the acid-catalyst, phosphoric acid. The products will be contained in the same flask because they will be produced at the same time. Gas chromatography will be used to against capital, separate the mixture of products into its components. College Essay Art School! Because each compound has a different affinity to the GC column two separate peaks will appear in the chromatograph. The compound that produces the peak with the essay teenage greatest relative area will be the major product. The gas chromatograph is connected to the mass spectrometer, so the identities of the essay art school two compounds can also be determined.

A mass spectrometer measures the mass of ions of the sample and matches it with its built in database to writing presentation, determine the college application compound(s) present. There is no need for running GC’s of known compounds. Additionally IR spectra will be run on the starting material and final product to determine the functional groups present. Finally potassium permanganate will be used to determine unsaturation. Potassium permanganate (KMnO4), deep purple in the merchant essay color, acts an oxidizing agent in a reaction with alkenes or alkynes to produce a diol and a reduced form of art school, manganese (MnO2), which is brown. Business! Equation (2.0) shows a generic example of this reaction. Alkanes and aromatic compounds do not react with KMnO4; therefore, no color change occurs. Lack of color change indicates that no alkene was present in the reaction. The purpose of this lab is to determine the college essay art school products of the dehydration of 2-methylcyclohexanol via distillation and establish if Zaitsev’s rule holds true in shylock essay this reaction by analyzing results from gas chromatography and the mass spectrometer, performed prior to the experiment. IR spectroscopy will be used to analyze the products obtained from the experiment.

The products will also be tested with KMnO4 to confirm that 2-methylcyclohexanol had undergone a dehydration to form unsaturated compounds. Given the structure of 2-methylcyclohexane it will probably form two products, methylcyclohexene and college application art school 3-methylcyclohexene, as shown by research methods critically psychological science, equation (3.0). College Application Art School! If Zaitsev’s rule holds. true, methylcycloxhene will be the major product as it is more substituted than 3-methylcyclohexene. Essay! The test for unsaturation will be positive, color change visible. ExperimentalThe powermite was set to 6 to heat the college application art school sand bath, placed on an extended jack.

To a 25 mL round bottom flask 5.0 mL (4.21 g or 0.0369 moles) of 2-methylcyclohexanol (from Acros Organics with 99 % purity) was added to essays against punishment, the flask. To the round bottom flask, 2.0 mL of 85% phosphoric acid (from Fisher Scientific) and two boiling stones were added. The flask was swirled to mix. The apparatus for distillation, shown in Figure 1 was set up. A 10 mL receiving flask was used, and the 25 mL round bottom flask with 2-methylcyclohexanol, phosphoric acid and boiling stones was used for the boiling flask. Both receiving and boiling flasks were attached.

Water tubing was connected and college essay art school the boiling flask was placed in a sand bath. The thermometer read 27 °C at the beginning of the distillation. Because the temperature rose very quickly three minutes into the distillation, the powermite was turned down to 3. The first drop occurred at 90 °C. Shylock The Merchant Of Venice! Six minutes later, the college essay temperature began to drop so the powermite was increased to 6. However, the temperature did not rise significantly. At approximately 79.5 °C, fourteen minutes after the distillation began, the majority of the contents in the boiling flask had distilled so the distillation was stopped. Contents of the receiving flask were cloudy. The boiling flask, whose contents were bright yellow, was cooled before discarded.

The result of the distillation weighed 3.84 g. Contents from the receiving flask were transferred to a centrifuge tube, to thinking critically science, which 2 mL of 10% sodium carbonate solution (lab sample) was added. Upon transfer to the centrifuge tube, separate layers were visible. College! The tube was swirled slowly to mix. The centrifuge tube was capped and inverted once.

The cap was then removed to about love, expel any gas pressure. Again the cap was replaced and the tube inverted several more times. Art School! The tube was placed in a beaker after the cap was removed to shylock the merchant of venice essay, allow layers to separate. College Essay! The top layer was cloudy but the bottom layer was clear. The organic layer was pipetted to a smaller beaker, to which a small amount of anhydrous sodium sulfate (from Acros Organics) was added to absorb excess water. The beaker was then swirled and allowed to sit for 10 min. A clean dry distillation apparatus was set up with a 10 mL boiling flask and essay about a 5 mL receiving flask. Application Art School! The power mite was turned to 8 to business plan sba, heat the college application art school sand bath. When the organic solution in the beaker was clear, the solution was decanted into the boiling flask and two boiling stones were added.

The flask was then attached to the distillation set up. The Merchant Of Venice Essay! Water tubing was connected and heat was applied to the boiling flask. The thermometer read 30 °C at the beginning of the distillation. The contents of the boiling flask distilled in college art school less than a minute, the thermometer read 79 °C. Because the only distillation product to sba, be collected was between 102 -111°C, the distillation was repeated. Essay! The sand bath was allowed to cool, and a small amount of the hot sand was replaced with cool sand. The thermometer read 31 °C at the beginning of the distillation. The contents of boiling flask were the contents of the receiving flask from the previous distillation, massed at 1.1 g. The powermite was set to business plan sba, 4.5. The first drop occurred at 73 °C. The distillation took approximately five minutes, finishing at 90 °C. Essay Art School! The receiving final product was massed at 0.88 g or 0.00917 moles.

An IR was run on this sample as well as on the dry sample (done previously by sba, another group). A small sample of the final product was combined with about college application art school, three drops of 0.8 M KMnO4 in a disposable test tube to prizes, test for unsaturation. The tube was agitated, and small brown and red spots appeared. The test tube was allowed to sit as a negative control was run. In another test tube, cyclohexane was combined with three drops of KMnO4.

The tube was agitated but no change in color observed. This tube was allowed to sit as well. After five minutes, the tube containing the sample from the distillation had turned brown and separated into essay art school, two layers with the sample on top. Shylock The Merchant! The negative control was still purple, also separated with the sample as the top layer. Finally the GC-MS data was analyzed to determine the essay validity of Zaitsev’s rule in this reaction. Table 1.0 Summary of GCRetention TimeRelative Area (100 %)2.7624.02.803.502.8972.5Figure 2.0 shows the GC, done by the instructor. Only the significant peaks were identified in Table 1.0. The area was calculated assuming, total area equaled the sum of the business plan areas of the three peaks (retention time = 2.76, 2.80, and 2.89).

Table 2.0 IR spectral information of 2-methylcyclohexanolPeak Frequency (cm-1)Peak Assignment3356-OH2927CH stretch1449-CH21372-CH3Table 3.0 IR spectral information of products of dehydration of 2-methylcyclohexanolPeak Frequency (cm-1)Peak Assignment3356impurity3002C=C2925-CH32857-CH32836-CH21440CH bendingDiscussionAfter the first distillation, two layers formed in the receiving flask. The top layer was the organic layer, and contained the products of the application essay dehydration of 2-methylcyclohexanol. The bottom layer was the acidic layer and contained the byproduct of the writing dialogue reaction, H3O+. College Application Essay! In order to neutralize the layer acid sodium carbonate was added. Since the expected organic products were alkenes, it was important to neutralize the acid to prevent a reverse reaction.

The second distillation served as a purification step in case any water was present after the separation of the layers. Presence of writing, water can cause impurities and extra peaks in IRs. The most significant peak on the IR of 2-methylcylohexanol, Figure 4.0, is the broad alcohol stretch from 3200-3500 cm-1. Peaks in the 3000-2800 cm-1 area usually indicate CH stretch present in alkanes; there is a significant broad peak at 2927 cm-1. A peak at 1372 indicates the presence of college application, a methyl group. Business Sba! The data from this IR is consistent with the structure of 2-methylcyclohexanol. The IR of the final products of the dehydration of application, 2-methylcyclohexanol indicates the presence of a double bond; there is a peak at 3002 cm-1. Peaks ate 2925 and 2857 cm-1 indicate the presence of a methyl group. Peaks in the 1500-1200 cm-1 usually indicate CH bending due to -CH2-; there are several small peaks in that range.

This data is essay about teenage love consistent with the structure of the expected products from the essay dehydration of writing dialogue, 2-methylcyclohexanol. In addition to college application, these peaks, Figure 5.0 shows a minor stretch at 3356 cm-1. Generally stretches in undergraduate essay prizes this area indicate the presence of -OH groups. The purpose of the college application essay art school dehydration was to remove the alcohol group and replace it with a double bond. Prizes! It is likely that the peak at 3356 cm-1 is due to the presence of water. College Application Art School! However, water was not expected to be in the final product becasue the medical prizes second distillation. This error is probably because the products acquired from the second distillation were from a temperature range below 90 °C. College Essay! The first time the purification distillation was run, the temperature didn’t even reach 80 °C. Because the final temperature changed by 10 °C after running a second distillation, it is possible that running the distillation two more times would have given the desired results ( no water). The results of the test for unsaturation confirmed the dehydration of an alkane to presentation, an alkane.

In the reaction with KMnO4, the alkene (the product) was oxidized to produce an alcohol and MnO2. KMnO4 is a deep purple color and MnO2 is a brown color, making the presence of the alkene more noticeable. The purpose of the negative control was to confirm there was nothing wrong with the starting material. The negative control determined that there were no alkenes already present in the 2-methylcyclohexanol that could cause the reaction with KMnO4 to proceed. The results of the negative control indicated that there were no alkenes present in the starting material as there was no color change. The final percent yield shows that only 24% of the final products were actually recovered. The major source of error could have occurred during the separation of the organic layer and aqueous layer. It was difficult to tell when all of the college application art school organic layer had been removed from the centrifuge tube to beaker so, less of the organic layer may have been removed then perceived. Additionally, because there was still material left in the boiling flask, some of the product may have not been distilled. Table 1.0 shows a summary of the three main peaks on the GC, all others are irrelevant.

The peak with retention time of 2.76 had a relative area of 24.0 %. The peak with a retention time of 2.80 had a relative area of 3.50 %. Plan Sba! The final peak, with a retention time of 2.89 had a relative area of 72.5 %. The two peaks with the greatest area represent the college application two major products, while a more insignificant peak probably represents the minor product. The mass spectrometer was consistent with this data as the machine identified two compounds with retention times of 2.76 and 2.89. The compound with a retention time 2.76 had the structure of 3-methylcyclohexene. The compound with a retention time of business sba, 2.89 had the application structure of methylcyclohexene. Summarizing data from the GC and medical the mass spectrometer, two products resulted from the dehydration of 2-methylcyclohexanol: methylcyclohexene and 3-methylcyclohexene. College Application Essay! Methylcyclohexene was present in greatest amount, therefore it must be the major product. Methylcyclohexene is essay about teenage more substituted than 3-methylcyclohexene, thus Zaitsev’s rule holds true for this reaction. Dehydration of college essay, 2-methylcyclohexanol followed Mechanism 1.0 to give methylcyclohexene and 3-methylcyclohexene.

In the first step, the -OH was protonated to make a better leaving group. Essay! In step two the college leaving group left, resulting in a carbocation. Beta hydrogen elimination took place in step three. Being Capital! There were two sets of beta hydrogen. If the nucleophile, water, attacked the hydrogen on the carbon attached to the methyl group, methylcyclohexene was produced (A). If water attacked the other beta hydrogen, shown by B, 3-methylcyclohexene was produced. The GC also showed another minor product. This is the product produced if a 1,2 hydride shift occurs.

Mechanism 2.0 shows that the hydride shift would take place at step when the formation of the carbocation takes place. Application Essay! The hydride shift would take place to essay, form a tertiary carbocation, a more stable carbocation. However, it is important to keep in mind that any carbocation is essay art school unstable. In step 3 of Mechanism 2.0, the nucleophile could attack either of the two sets of beta hydrogen. Notice, the beta hydrogens are different from the writing presentation ones seen in Mechanism 1.0. Elimination of a beta hydrogen, seen in A1, results in college application essay methylcyclohexene.

However elimination of a hydrogen attached to the methyl group results in methylene cyclohexane. Because methylenecyclohexene is the least substituted compound, it is the minor product. Research Thinking With Psychological Guide! Additionally, double bonds inside the ring are more stable than double bonds outside of the ring. Therefore though a tertiary carbocation is more stable than a secondary carbocation, the product is the least substituted and least stable. College! Zaitsev’s rule favors Mechanism 1.0 over Mechanism 2.0.

However some of the punishment molecules undergo a hydride shift, so a small amount of methylene cyclohexane is produced. Application Essay Art School! In the GC, the peak with a retention time of 2.80 is 2-methyl-methylene cyclohexane and makes up 3.50 % of the products. The prediction holds true for the dehydration of 2-methylcyclohexanol as methylcyclohexene was the major product. ConclusionThe two major products of this dehydration were methylcyclohexene and 3-methylcyclohexene. Shylock The Merchant! Methylcyclohexene constituted most of the final product, approximately 73%, and 3-methylcyclohexne made up 24 % of the final product (obtained via analysis of a previously done GC and mass spectrometer).

The two major products were formed mostly by following Mechanism 1.0, although one of the essay products of essay teenage love, Mechanism 2.0 was also methylcyclohexane. The other product of Mechanism 2.0 formed a minor product, methylene cyclohexane, making up about 4 % of the final product. As predicted, Zaitsev’s rule held true for this reaction since the essay art school most substituted product, methylcyclohexene, was the major product. The test for unsaturation confirmed the reliability of the starting material. The IR’s of the starting material and writing presentation final products were consistent with structures of the compounds. However, there was contamination by college application essay art school, water in the IR of the final product. Shylock Of Venice Essay! The percent yield was also very low, which can be accounted for loss in college art school distillation as well as during separation of essays against punishment, organic layer from the aqueous layer. A very important lesson was learned from this experiment: dehydration of 2-methylcyclohexanol is a special case in college application art school carbocation rearrangement. Shylock Of Venice! Although the formation of a tertiary carbocation from a secondary carbocation, via hydride shift, was possible, most of the molecules did not undergo a shift. The shift resulted in two products where one (methylcylclohexene) was the most substituted of all three products resulting from a dehydration of college application, 2-methylcyclohexanol, and research critically science study guide another (methylene cyclohexane) which was the least stable of the three products. This reaction followed Zaitsev’s rule and so the majority of the molecule did not undergo a hydride shift, but formed two more stable products than methylene cyclohexane.

• “Introduction to IR Spectrum Interpretation,” Elizabethtown College, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Chem 113, 2009. •”Dehydration of 2-methylcyclohexanol,” Elizabethtown College, Department of college, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Chem 113, 2009. Is this the perfect essay for you? Save time and order Dehydration of 2-Methylcyclohexanol Formal Report. essay editing for only $13.9 per page. Top grades and quality guaranteed! Relevant essay suggestions for Dehydration of 2-Methylcyclohexanol Formal Report. Abstract: We treated 4-methylcyclohexanol with phosphoric acid, and after purification we produced the end product 4-methylcyclohexene. We determined we had a pure product based on the results of the tests…

Reactions of butanols with hydrbromic acid. In this experiment, 1-butanol or 2-butanol will be converted to the corresponding alkyl bromide with HBR, while using sulfuric acid as a catalyst. The sulfuric acid will accelerate the chemical… Separation of business plan, Organic Liquids Report. Introduction: In this experiment, a mixture of two compounds, cyclohexane and toluene, was separated into fractions by the techniques of simple and fractional distillation. The individual fractions that were gathered… Alkenes by Elimination.

Abstract: The objective of this experiment is to successfully perform a dehydration of college essay art school, a 2-butanol and a dehydrohalogenation of essay, 2-bromobutane to form the products 1-butene, trans-2-butene, and cis-2-butene. It was… Esterification – Synthesis of Methyl Benzoate. ABSTRACT This experiment was conducted to synthesize methyl benzoate form benzoic acid and methanol by using the Fischer esterification method. College Application Essay Art School! The Fischer exterification technique is utilized in the academic and… AP Bio pGLO Transformation Formal Lab Report.

Abstract: The topic of this research involved the occurrence of genetic transformation in bacteria (E. Coli). Business Plan! More specifically, a previously prepared pGLO plasmid–which consisted of the gene to be cloned–was…

Buy Essay Papers Here -
Here s The College Essay That Got A High School Senior Into Every

FREE DOWNLOADABLE RESUME TEMPLATES. If you search the Internet for application, “ free resume template ” you will get over 19 million results. Unfortunately, many will only provide you with a PDF file, one or two resumes to choose from, or nothing that matches your needs. We offer 447 professional resume templates and cover letters, as well as cover letter and resume writing help, and against a free resume builder. Everything you need to create the perfect resume and land your dream job. 1. How to application art school Create a Resume 2. Resume Templates 2.1 Proven and Popular 2.2 Format 2.3 Basic and Simple 2.4 ATS-Optimized 2.5 Clean 2.6 Modern 2.7 Contemporary 2.8 Portfolio 2.9 One-Page 2.10 Creative 2.11 Infographic 2.12 Career 3. Using a Resume Template: Good, Bad, or Ugly? 4. Resume Builders: What Are They and Do You Need One? 5. Cover Letters: Starting off on the Right Foot 6. Formatting Tips.

Select your optimal resume format. Chronological, functional, or a combination? The right format presents your work history and essay skills in the best possible light. See “Resume Format Guide” for some excellent guidance and format examples. Write down your jobs, achievements, education, awards, skills, and essay art school any other relevant information you can think of. Look at the job description for clues on what kind of candidate the employer is looking for. Essay Teenage Love. What work experiences and application art school skills match that ideal candidate profile? Highlight those selling points in your resume. “How to Write a Great Resume” will take you through the whole process step by essays capital punishment, step.

A good resume template can streamline the process of creating a professional resume. It takes care of all the little, easily overlooked formatting details such as the fonts, margins, bullets, and alignment. College Art School. This allows you to focus on the job search itself, and on writing your resume. Each document in our library is thinking critically study guide, free to application essay art school download for personal use. Simply scroll down to find a Microsoft Word template that presents your unique job experience in the best possible way. Templates on this page are compatible with Microsoft Word.

Please see these resources for professional resume templates in other formats: OpenOffice – In this primer on the OpenOffice resume, you’ll learn how to insert tables, images, and graphs into your resume. Plan Sba. We also offer free resume and cover letter templates in both OTT and ODT formats. Google Docs – Google Doc offers a robust word processor on a powerful, free-to-use platform. Learn about the many ways Google enables file sharing, or download one of trenty Google Docs resume examples. You can export these templates into Word or OpenOffice, save them in rich text or as a pdf, or even publish them as a web page. Photoshop – For resumes that benefit from images, the Photoshop PSD template can be a powerful tool. Not every resume needs images.

However, there are applicants, such as graphic designers or photographers, who should consider them. When used appropriately, images can anchor your resume in the mind of the college essay art school, hiring manager. Follow the link to find a multitude of resume examples in a variety of styles. Writing. InDesign – Created by Adobe, InDesign can be thought of college application essay art school as page-layout software. It enables the easy movement around the the merchant of venice, page of art school images, text, icons, or other artwork.

This allows you to manipulate your resume in creative ways. Essay Teenage Love. At the application essay, link you will find 26 resume templates using the InDesign INDD (InDesign Document) format. LaTeX – LaTeX is not a word processor; it is a “high quality type-setting system.” LaTex was created for academics whose publications include numbers, graphs, and research methods thinking critically psychological guide non-Roman scripts. This platform offers users a way to college application create these kinds of images that its competition lacks. Follow the writing, link to find over thirty resume templates in the LaTeX file format, downloadable as ZIP files. If you are applying for work in academia, you might need a CV template.

Please see our Curriculum Vitae page for college essay, a CV writing guide and examples. Some documents from our template library use “ lorem ipsum ” text. We refer to those documents as “blank resume templates” because they are designed to assist you with the with psychological science study, resume style. We also have examples with sample resume outlines, bullet points, professional profiles, experiences, summary statements, objectives, and art school other content. These are created to teenage help guide the resume writing process. Explore our free resume library, download free resume examples and templates, personalize them to match your experience and needs, and start landing more interviews. For job-hunters on the go, here are three “Editors’ Choice” sample resume template designs.

Each professional template has been prepared by resume experts and is suitable for most career stages and experience levels. You can also browse some of the most popular layouts we’ve created. Our hall of fame – Top 10 Best Templates – includes our ten most popular resume templates for you to download for free. Chronological resumes allow potential employers to review your work history, duties and accomplishments at a glance. Application Essay. This type of resume is a great choice for job seekers with a long and stable employment record. Many hiring managers prefer seeing this traditional resume style. See our Chronological Resume Format Guide to format your own resume, and to download free chronological resume examples. Functional resumes take the focus away from work experience and emphasize qualifications and skills. This resume type works best for of venice essay, career changers, job seekers who have gaps in their work history, and applicants with entry-level resumes. College Application Art School. See our Functional Resume Format Guide to learn how to create your own skills-based resume, and to download functional resume examples.

Combination Resumes (also known as “hybrid resumes”) show your employment timeline while also highlighting your most relevant qualifications. This format works best for applicants with significant work experience and many job requirements and responsibilities. Our Combination Resume Format Guide provides the tools you’ll need to writing dialogue make this tricky format work for you, as well as free examples. Our Basic Resume Templates are for applicants in traditional or conservative fields. Basic does not need to be boring. These layuts are streamlined and organized, and application essay may add a touch of color to help your application stand out. They are appropriate in most industries and career phases (entry-level, managerial, or executive). Three of our favorite examples are below, and thirty more are in our Basic Resume Template library. Many companies now use an essay Applicant Tracking System in their recruitment process. College Essay Art School. Some of undergraduate essay prizes these systems cannot read graphics, tables, symbols, or charts. If you want to ensure that an ATS doesn’t lose information in your resume, then plain text format is the safest choice.

This modern resume style features a clean layout, traditional sans-serif fonts, and college prominent titles. See all of our ATS-Ready Resume Examples. Tested for clarity and readability, Clean and Simple Resume Templates will add just the right amount of undergraduate prizes style to your professional profile. These effective designs rely on typography, white space, and color to create a professional and current look. If you think this resume style is for you, download one of three examples below, or choose from seventy options we offer here. Our Modern designs are elegant and streamlined with a twist of creativity. While these layouts would be appropriate for a variety of industries, they are ideal for high-tech professions where candidates want to portray experience, discipline, and art school knowledge, as well as show that they are progressive and dialogue current with the latest technology. See three examples below, or follow the link to college application view more templates in our Modern Resume Design Library. Our Contemporary Templates will help you create an dialogue up-to-date and dynamic resume. Art School. These modern designs read like actual newsletters with headlines and teasers.

They are set up as two-column or three-column layouts. If you think a Contemporary Template format is right for you, you can download any of our twenty-two eye catching examples from the Contemporary Collection. In this resume template library, the dialogue, designs incorporate actual images of professional work. If you are an artist, photographer, graphic designer, web designer, or other creative professional, you can use one of our Portfolio Resume Templates to essay present your creativity and accomplishments in a visual way. Research Methods Thinking Critically With Psychological Study Guide. See all of our Portfolio examples here. Struggling to decide what to trim from college application, your two-page resume?

Our One-Page Resume guide will teach you all the tricks professional resume makers use to about not exceed a single page. For eighteen sample resumes, each showcasing different techniques to fit resume content on a single page, follow the college essay art school, link to our discussion of One-Page Resumes. These artistic templates are a great design choice for any industry that values creativity. As fancy and about teenage love bursting with imagination as they are, be sure to consider who will be reading them. You may love them, but not every employer will find them appropriate. If a creative resume template is right for essay art school, you, download one of our 40+ examples from the being capital, Creative Resume Library. Infographic resumes are a new trend, and have gained a great deal of popularity in 2017. This resume type uses images, charts, and graphs to tell the story of your professional life.

Creative resumes and visual layouts are not yet well accepted by all hiring managers, so be sure to consider your industry. We created 12 new designs featuring a variety of graphics for you to download – see our Infographic Resume Library. This new resume template library provides resume examples for various careers and college application essay career stages. If you are a student or recent graduate with little or no job experience, then try our entry-level job examples: For students or recent graduates with some work experience, see more of shylock our entry-level resume samples: Use these industry-specific examples if you have three or more years of college professional experience in customer service or healthcare industries: If you live in one of the writing dialogue presentation, South Asian countries (Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India), then please see our country-specific examples: Good, bad or ugly? Should you use a resume template? Some recruiting professionals advise against using templates and resume builders.

They believe using those tools makes your resume look generic and keeps you from standing out from other candidates. This concern is art school, worth considering. Recruiters and about teenage hiring managers see hundreds of resumes every day. College Application Essay. One that is poorly crafted in being capital punishment either its formatting or its content will be quickly spotted and moved to application art school the slush pile. Templates fix the issue of poor formatting by undergraduate medical essay, doing it for college essay art school, you.

With a template, you will not spend hours trying to undergraduate adjust margins and fonts. The content produced by resume templates and builders, however, is not meant to application be the final result. Against Capital. Every job seeker’s experience is unique, and college application art school a template needs to be customized to match and promote that singular experience. A chronological resume template should not be used by a job-hopper, and a skills-based resume is not the best choice for executives with an impressive vertical career progression. Templates are meant to undergraduate medical essay prizes be a place to start the college essay, difficult process of creating your resume. They aren’t one-size-fits all, cookie-cutter solutions, and they shouldn’t be treated as ready-made resumes. When used for guidance and inspiration when writing your own unique and dialogue original resume, resume templates can be a powerful weapon in landing more interviews more quickly. What are they and college essay art school do you need one? If resume formatting is not your thing, you can get help from an online resume builder. This resume-making tool handles both design and dialogue presentation content, and college application can create excellent first drafts. The search for work is a race, and resume builders are starting blocks.

They don’t get you to the finish line, but can give you a head start over your competition. Resume builders offer many features that simplify the essay prizes, job-hunting process. Here are a few: Email and essay online resume – You can email prospective employers or post your resume online in many formats. Writing Tips – Use tips and sample phrases to of venice describe your work history and achievements.

Cover letter templates and essay art school builders – Build a strong cover letter with templates and about teenage love tips. Design – Built-in resume templates take care of formatting and design. Resume samples – Compare your resume against samples. Resume analytics – Find out if your resume is being viewed and downloaded. … but keep in application essay art school mind. As powerful a tool as resume builders can be, they are still best treated as first drafts.

The algorithms resume builders use are able to essays being against incorporate basic syntax and industry jargon. They do not, however, always sound natural. As Brenda Barron pointed out at business.tutsplus.com, “Using canned sentences can seem like keyword stuffing.” Resumes serve two functions. Their overt function is to list your skills, experience, and education. But their covert function is to show prospective employers how well you communicate, as well as your communication style.

Because of this, you need to edit your resume so that it sounds close to your natural, professional speaking voice. If you feel a resume builder is the application essay, tool for you, see this page to find an online resume builder. Starting off on the right foot. A resume cover letter needs to do more than introduce you and highlight some of your skills. It needs to be engaging, well crafted, and well researched. It needs to avoid sounding like a hard sell while still selling you to the company.

If a resume is a list of essay your accomplishments, then its cover letter is where you get to college application art school tell the love, story of college application essay art school how you achieved those accomplishments. Use it to explain how your experiences will benefit the company. Tell the essays punishment, potential employer why this job is important to you. To help you avoid some common pitfalls and application essay maximize the potential of your application, experts agree that you should consider the following guidelines. Don’t skimp – While not all hiring managers read cover letters, they are not a waste of time. Just having one could increase your chances of research thinking critically with getting a job interview—even if the employer doesn’t read it. And if the hiring committee has a tough choice between you and a few other applicants, then a cover letter can be what separates you from college application art school, your competitors.

Keep it brief – And the shorter the better. According to being capital punishment a resume survey of essay employers in Orange County, California, “Nearly 70% of employers want either a half page cover letter or ‘the shorter the methods critically guide, better’ approach.” But there is some leeway here. If the position or your experiences warrant it, then using more than half a page would be fine. Just make sure it’s well crafted. If possible, create a narrative – Especially when experience or the position warrants a longer cover letter—executive resumes, for example—make it tell a story. The narrative structure is college essay art school, a powerful device, and if you can use context, conflict, and resolution, then the reader won’t care that it is undergraduate prizes, long. For a resume, a narrative’s context might be your work history. Application. The conflict may be experiences you’ve had in the past that left you wanting to do more than your previous position allowed. And the resolution could be getting this new job. Do your research – Research each company you apply to, and craft a new cover letter for each of them. Being Punishment. With social media, this is far easier than it used to college essay art school be.

Follow accounts of the prizes, company and its executives on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to study their content and the culture. Focus on details – Make sure that every word is essential. Application Essay Art School. Use a spelling and grammar checker and writing apps. Ask someone else to read it and give you advice. Read from the end to the beginning and use other editing and proofreading tips. Learn how to format a resume by making the dialogue presentation, most of Microsoft Word’s features. Our short video tutorials will teach you some basic formatting tips and essay tricks. How to use paragraph styles and themes How to change header, footer, margins, and page size How to business plan fit resume text on college art school, one page, and teenage love how to application essay art school remove blank pages How to customize tabs, text boxes and essay about teenage love tables How to add and remove sections.

Please keep in mind that: All files are compatible with Microsoft Word, and many of them will work in other applications such as Mac Pages, Google Docs and OpenOffice. We create our templates in Microsoft Office 2010 and application art school we use Microsoft Word default fonts. If you do not have these fonts installed or use a different operating system, our templates might look different on your computer. We use text styles and built-in color schemes to create our templates. The Merchant. Knowing how to use paragraph styles will ease the essay art school, process of modifying a template. While most resumes are US Letter size, some are A4. You can change the page size to make it compatible with the size used in your country. For creative designs with colored backgrounds, consider setting the page color to “none” and dialogue presentation print on a high-quality colored paper.

If the application essay art school, design requires borderless printing, a local print shop can help you if that feature is unavailable on your home printer. 855.213.0348 | MON-FRI 8A-8P, SAT 8A-5P, SUN 10A-6P CST. 2017 Bold Limited. All rights reserved. POWERED BY BOLD.